Chapter 24

Hey, guys! It's a new chapter! WOOTWOOT

Happy 4th of July! Light your fireworks and dress up as spiderman for a free burger! 

ENJOY

COMMENT VOTE & FAN

 ***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 At the end of the eventful day, Conner and I were walking out of the building towards his car. In the corner of my eye I saw Francesca and Sandra standing on some steps staring at me. I moved closer to Conner and he easily wrapped his arms around my waist. Those girls gave me weird vibes. They were just weird in general and I needed to watch my back.

   "So where do you want to go?" Conner asked.

   I looked at him. Today had been great. We had eaten lunch together outside and had a little picnic which was absolutely adorable. Apparently several guys had congratulated him for bagging me. I laughed at that. He told me it was the whole chess team. I didn't know I had such grade A admirers.

   "Let's just go to the trail." I suggested.

   "Sure."

   The trail was a small hike on a hill that was on the outer part of the town. It was a small forest with a small pond that was incredibly dirty so you couldn't go swimming in it but you could stick your feet in it. There were benches that went all along the trail and it was a place where middle school kids and freshman went to kiss. It's where older kids went to talk or just to hang out. However, it was big enough to never be crowded except for the weekends when it was busy. On a school day like this we probably wouldn't even see anyone else.

    We arrived there ten minutes later and started our walk while holding hands.

   "So today went well, I think." I said.

  "Yeah, although I didn't know I had such tough competition. I mean, the whole freaking chess team. How am I meant to compete with them?"

  "Um, join them? There's just something so appealing about them. Maybe they'll let you in on their little secret."

   "I think it's the amount of gel they put in their hair." He joked.

  "Or how they desperately need to learn what proactive is." 

   "However I think what really puts you over the edge is those sweater vests they wear."

  I laughed, "oh, definitely."

************************************************************************************************************

   Our feet we submerged in the sickly green pond as we soaked in the sun. I had tried pulling out my feet earlier but they started itching and tingling so I just stuck them back in the water. Conner and I were sitting close together and just enjoying the nature around us. No talking needed. 

    "I really," I turned to look at Conner, "really like you." He said.

   I smiled, "I really really like you, too."

   The sun was shining down on his dark hair making bits and pieces of it look almost golden and his skin had a fresh tan. His chiseled jaw had a bit of scuffle making him look even more like a man. God, he was so beautiful. So freaking beautiful. And the best part was that he was mine. For now. That thought made my stomach drop. The thought of him with any other person made me want to cry, or at the very least bundle up under the covers and hide from the world.

   "Hayley?"

   "Yes?"

   "I think I'm falling in love with you."

   "That's good." I said.

   And with a grab of my hand we sat there for hours on end. No words needed.

************************************************************************************************************

   I got home at around eight o'clock and trudged up to my bedroom. Conner and I had ended up getting dinner at a little old diner so I was full and tired. I lied on my bed and went on Facebook only to see that I had three friend requests.

   Sandra Locke.

   Francesca Botticelli.

  Tiffany Grace.

   I recognized Tiffany as one of Conner's friends. She was the pretty one with the profile picture of her on the beach smiling widely at the camera. She was really beautiful although you could only see about half her face because she was wearing very large and very stylish sunglasses. I really didn't like it that they all Facebook friend requested me at the same time. It made me have a sinking feeling in my gut. I don't know what their plan is but I'm sure they have one. I didn't know this Tiffany girl but Sandra and Francesca were both pure evil. I didn't know whether to ignore their requests or to accept them. 

   In the end, after a half hour of internally battling myself, I decided to wait until tomorrow afternoon to see what would happen at school tomorrow. If they acted like normal then I'll consider adding one of them. No way would I add all three. Especially not freaking Francesca.

   I went to bed after getting a little cute goodnight text from Conner that made me grin like an idiot to myself.

   I think I was falling in love with him, too.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT BECAUSE IT WOULD MAKE MY HEART TICKLE AND MY TOES TINGLE!

THANK YOU!

COMMENT VOTE & FAN