Chapter 20

HIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

New chapter!!! HEEEEEEYEYEEYEEYEYEYEYEEYEYEEYEYEEYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OKAY LET'S GET THIS THING STARTED

COMMENT VOTE & FAN

ENJOY

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"So word around school is that you and Francesca are going to the dance together..." I trailed off as Conner and I drove to the lake on Friday.

"Yeah, I meant to talk to you about that..." Conner winced as he rubbed the back of his head.

I stared at him incredously as he kept his eyes on the road. Was he serious?

"Yeah, so let's talk about it now." My voice was hard and accusing. He had got to be kidding me.

"Well she's kind of got it in her head that we're going together." He rushed out.

"And you didn't correct her?"

'It was in front of all her friends and I didn't want to embarrass her."

"Well maybe you should man up and tell her instead of just coming up with all these lame excuses." I snapped.

"The only reason that she doesn't know is because you are too afraid to face your brother."

"Because he's family and I don't want him to hate - God! That's completely different!"

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is"

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"God, we sound like two year olds! Look, point is, is that you need to tell her what the deal is. I'm sick of everyone thinking you two are together."

"And if I don't?"

He was so freaking immature.

"Then we're over."

Silence.

************************************************************************************************************

"Are you going to ignore me for the rest of today?" Conner's voice was right behind me.

We had gotten to the lake half an hour ago without a word between us. I had set my towel down as soon as we got there and went to the water. I stood in the water to the point where my calves were completely covered in the clear blue lake. I could see tiny little fish swimming past my feet and it reminded me of my childhood. I used to catch tad pools when I was little but stopped when I realized I was probably harming them. I stood out there for about a half hour before Conner had decided to join me.

"That depends. Are you going to tell Francesca that you aren't interested in her?" I asked.

He sighed and put his large hands on my sides and I let my hands rest on his solid chest.

"Yeah, first thing Monday morning. I'll tell her. Don't worry."

"You better." I muttered.

"Is someone jealous?" The smirk on his face was huge.

"Yes."

His eyes widened at my confession. I suppose he thought that I wouldn't have come out and say it straight like that. After the initial shock wore off he leant in and kissed me. This kiss was a lot softer than the previous ones that we had shared. His lips were slightly chapped but soft none the less. At that moment, when I tasted his special aroma of cigarettes and Starburst, I knew that it would be forever embedded in me. In thirty years, when I'm married to some rich business man with two children, and I would have a Starburst or walk by someone smoking I would think of Conner. I would think of the time we had shared and the memories we had made.

   Conner pulled back much too soon and stared into my eyes. His dark blue eyes were soft and sweet as they stared into my own. His whole face, in fact, was soft and loving. In that very moment I knew that there was no where else in the entire world that I wanted to be.

   We went back to our towels after a while and we both decided it would be a good time to take off our clothes and lay in our bathing suits. I took off my shirt and pants quickly because I felt majorly embarrassed undressing in front of a guy. When I had finished I looked up at Conner. He had taken off his shirt and stopped then because he was busy staring at me. Or more so, my body. His eyes trailing over my body. He didn't miss any spot or curve on my body and I wanted to snake my arms around my body so it wouldn't be under his searching eyes. I felt so uncomfortable and it was getting a little hot.

   "Um." I muttered and that quickly got him out of it.

   He slipped off his shoes and socks and jeans. I had felt extemely uncomfortable when he had been staring at me but now I just couldn't help myself. He had nice six pack and oh my god, his biceps. It was then that I realized that he was all man. He didn't look like the rest of the boys in high school. He looked like a grown man and I guess that's what attracted me. My last boyfriend had been a pretty boy and after about a month I realized I wasn't attracted to him whatsoever. I liked boys that were rugged. But Conner was even better, he was a man that was rugged.

   "Stop staring. It's weird." Conner interrupted my thoughts.

   I burned a bright red, "shut up!"

************************************************************************************************************

  "Where were you today?" Jack asked once I had gotten home.

   "Uh, I was with some of the cheer girls." I muttered.

   "Oh."

  Yeah..... 

  "Is mom home?" I asked as I saw on the couch opposite from him.

  "No. She called a half hour ago saying that she'd be home late." 

  "Oh." I looked away and found a spot on the ground to concentrate on.

   Deciding that I could no long stand the embarrassment I went upstairs to my room. That was the most awkward conversation I had even had with my brother and I couldn't help but feel as if it were because of the fact that I was lying to him and helping ruin his life. I needed to tell him something. I needed to do something. He was family for Christ's sake! 

   I just didn't know where to begin.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Whatdya think? I hoped you liked it!

Next chapter will befaze one of taking down Jack!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How will Hayley get out of taking his down? Or will she not come up with anything at all? NO BODY KNOWS! (lol, including me. I haven't thought of a way she can get out of it. If I can't think of anything in the next two days then I guess she'll go through with it. Have ideas? Go on, and tell me!)

HOPE YOU ENJOYED

COMMENT VOTE AND FAN! :D