Field trip to the compound (Part One)

I know that I'm a bit late updating but I've been a bit sick and this is all I can pull together right now so I hope it's fine. Part Two will be happening, just don't know when. Have fun reading!

My day was not going well. I got stabbed last night on patrol and woke up with it only partly healed because the knife was poisoned and then I was late to school because I had to clean it. And then to top it off I got detention for holding up the bus that would be taking us to our field trip. At Avengers Compound!

Do you ever get the feeling that the whole world is against you some days? Yeah well, that's me today. And do you know what is even worst? The field trip is also a sleepover and I forgot about it so I didn't bring anything I would need.

Of course, it didn't really matter since I moved in after May kicked me out of the apartment after she found out about me being Spider-Man and the whole dying and coming back to life but it would be odd if I walked off and when I came back I had what I needed to spend the night.

I had been so deep in thought about all of the crappy things that happened to me that I missed us going through the compound gates and pulling to a stop in front of the compound. Ned was shaking me to get my attention and I snapped my head up to look at him. 

"We have to get off the bus man," He says excitedly. 

You see everyone one else has been yelling their heads off in excitement on the way here because we get a tour, have a Q&A with the Avengers, have dinner with the Avengers, sleepover, have breakfast with the Avengers, and then go home on the bus.

I really don't see the big deal. Yeah, we get to meet the Avengers and stuff and I was crazy when I first met them but there are just like normal people. Plus the fact they saved the universe plus the world a few times. Now that I think about it, if I didn't live with them and know them I would be freaking out as well. 

I get up from my seat and walk down the aisle and get off the bus and wait with the rest of the class. I look around at the student's amazed faces and sigh. It's just a big building with a lot of glass and tech.  

A tour group leader comes out the front door and comes over to us. I know who it is and grin to myself. 

"Midtown high?" He questions and Mr. Lynold who is leading the class field trip nods.  

"Great, if you will come with me please?" James questions and everyone nods and follows him as he turns and walks in the doors. 

"If you will put your stuff over there in a pile we will look through it to make sure there is nothing that is not allowed in the building and then we will bring it to where you will be staying. If we find anything that is not allowed in the building, you will be questioned and from there on we will decide if you will stay here or be sent home," James says seriously, making a few students turn white.

"I'm just kidding guys. We can start the tour as soon as you put your stuff down," James says laughing. 

Everyone seems to rush to put their stuff down so I am left standing about seven feet from James. I am laughing at my classmate's faces as well and James comes to stand next to me.

"Where is your stuff, Pete?" He asks eyebrows raised. 

"I was in a rush his morning and didn't have time to grab it," I say rubbing the back of my neck. 

"That's fine, you can just grab it later today or are you just going to sleep in your room like a normal person and not sleep on the Avenger living room floor like the rest of your class?" James questions with another laugh. 

"I dunno what I'm doing," I say back. 

"That seems like you," James says. 

"I don't always not know what I'm doing!" I burst out and James laughs. 

"What are you talking about Parker!?" Flash yells out and I wince. 

"None of your business Flash," I say back annoyed.

"Should we start the tour now?" James says trying to deflect the tension. 

"Yes, that sounds like a very good idea," Mr. Lynold says also noticing the tension. 

We start the tour with some very low-level labs that have nothing really exciting in them. I'm asked to help with a few projects as I don't come down here as often as other labs which earns me quite a few stares. 

"What the hell was that Penis?" Flash questions and I can't help but glare at him. 

"That was me helping some interns that needed it so back off," I say hear MJ say 'hell yeah' somewhere behind me. 

I hear Flash grumble some things that would make Dad laugh and Pop's pass out from the vileness of it. I smirk to myself at the thought of Pop's face if he heard Flash just then. 

"Hey loser, what are you smirking at?" MJ questions looking a bit concerned.

"Just the thought of what Dad and Pop's would think if they just heard what Flash just said," I say and both Ned and MJ crack up.

"Yeah, it would be pretty funny," MJ says and that's rare for her.

"I still can't believe Steve and Bucky are your dad's," Ned says loudly and I slap a hand over his mouth. 

"Maybe try not to tell the whole school?" I say quietly and Ned nods.

"Sorry Peter," Ned says once I remove my hand.

"It's fine, just try not to do it again?" I question and Ned nods.

"Now if everyone could quiet down we will be taking a detour to the Avengers training room where some of the Avengers will teach you some self-defense tips," James says winking at me and I blush a bit, who says that I'm not gay? 

We get into the elevator and go up to the training floor. I could already feel the sinking feeling in my stomach. When the elevator stops we all get out and walk into the main training room to see none other than Aunt Nat and Dad, otherwise known as the black widow and the winter soldier, standing on the mat's waiting for the class and waiting to embarrass the shit out of me.