The Beach

I just want to say that in this May died from cancer a year ago. Prompt by  Bonnyyynnyy

I was not happy, to say the least. The surprise Decathalon trip to the beach was, well, a surprise. We were told that we were going on a school trip from Friday morning, Saturday, and Sunday paid by Tony Stark himself. Turns out that all of the Decathlon team members guardians where contacted weeks ago about this trip and they all gave permission which included Mr. Stark.

That is why I am standing in a line to get on a typical yellow school bus with a duffle bag on my shoulder.

It would have been moderately fine if Ned could come but since we haven't figured out how to completely get rid of the flu he was out with the flu. At least MJ is able to come.

I be honest I was pissed Dad but I guess I should have expected this. I once came home and had a panic attack when I realized my work that I was working on didn't save because of the schools crummy computers. Then the computer lab closes the next day and then two days later it opens back up with a set of brand new computers from Stark Industries.

See? Overreactive. I sigh and then move forward in the line and finally get on the bus. I was also slightly panicking because my whole body was littered with scars Turns out having super healing in good but it leaves behind scars as it only healed the wounds to the point of being fully healed. Not gone.

I sit down set to MJ and put my bag on my lap.

"You excited?" MJ asks grabbing my hand.

"I would be if we were going anywhere except the beach. Did you forget the fact that I have scars all over my body and that I actually have mussels when everyone thinks I'm a weak nerd," I say and MJ smiles.

"Plus Tony is paying for everything so you know he's up to something," MJ says and leans her head on my shoulder.

"You do have a point," I say and lean my head on MJ's.

"We should sleep on the way there so we can be ready to party," MJ says and I laugh.

"Who are you and where is MJ?" I question and now MJ laughs.

"I dunno. I think this weekend is going to be fun," MJ says and I raise my eyebrows.

"Alright then, I guess it's nap time," I say and smile as the bus starts moving.

MJ closes her eyes and I wrap my arm around her and hold her to me. I lean my head on hers and close my eyes.

************

I wake up with MJ shaking me and a smile on her face.

"Hey, its time to wake up sleepy. We're here," MJ says.

"Alright," I sit up and rub my eyes.

"We need to get off the bus and get into the hotel. Turns out we each get our own room and everyone but you gets to pick their own room," MJ says and I frown.

"Why would he do that?" I question to myself.

"I have no clue but given that he's Tony Stark so I wouldn't put anything past him," MJ says and smiles.

"Your right. Keep an eye out for him or any of the others, I bet you twenty bucks there's at least one of them around here somewhere," I say and MJ snorts.

"I'm not an idiot. There's no way I'm taking that bet," MJ says and I smile.

"Hey! You two, off the bus!" The bus driver yells and I sigh.

"Let's go," I say and get up and take MJ's hand.

We both walk off the bus and into the hotel where the rest of the team is waiting and looking around. I laugh as Flash bites into a fake apple and spits it back out.