Wakanda Outreach Center

Tony doesn't know Peter, Peter is Spiderman, Aunt May is a bitch, Peter is eighteen, Peter is living at Ned/MJ's houses because Aunt May kicked him out when he turned eighteen

I was excited. Like really really excited. Because we won the national decathlon tournament, we are able to get a full tour of the Wakandan outreach center in Oakland California. Since there were nine of us and the teacher, and it was across the country, we were going to be flying, so that is why there is a Wakandan plane landing on the school football field at five A.M.

Everyone was tired but they were also excited. We were freezing as it was late fall and it just turned light outside. Everyone was whispering to each other as the plane lands and I am next to MJ and Ned. My leg was aching because of the cold and the leg not fitting right anymore but excited none the less.

I had lived with Ned and MJ for about two months. Aunt May decided that since I already died and fought in a war, I could take care of myself. It was also when she found out about Spider-Man and that I am a mutant. Losing my leg didn't help matters, she said didn't need the responsibility of taking care of a damaged kid.

It hurt, but I understood. My parents plane went down because of mutant so her brother and sister in law were killed and then a mutant shot Ben. I understand, but it doesn't make it hurt any less. So, I've been staying at either MJ's house or Neds.

Their families took care of me when I was recovering from the last battle and the loss of my leg. Together with the rest of the Avengers, they paid for the surgeries to help fix some of the damage done to my leg, they paid for my physical therapy, they paid for my first prosthetic leg, my mental therapy to deal with the trauma. Everything cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. I could never have paid for all of it alone and I probably would be on the streets right now without them.

We wait silently as the cargo door to the plane opens. A shorter dark-skinned woman comes down the ramp. She was wearing a red wrap-around dress. She had a metal necklace around her neck and there are wooden beads mixed in with the metal necklace.

 She had a metal necklace around her neck and there are wooden beads mixed in with the metal necklace

"Hello children," The woman says and she had a thick African accent.

"Hello," We all chorus back.

"My name is Nakia. I am head of the social outreach department for Wakanda. I am going to be escorting you on this ship to the outreach center in Oakland California," Nakia says.

"If you will follow me back up this ramp and take a seat. I will be piloting the ship so I will be unable to talk to you so you may talk among each other," Nakia says and turns around and walks up the ramp.

We all follow her and when we get in, there is a deciding wall between the cockpit and seats. I sit down carefully and Ned sits on one side and MJ on the other. Next to Ned was Betty Brant.

The plane takes off soon after and we start talking to each other. Mostly about who's house I will be staying in tonight.

"Hey, my dad is planing on you staying over tonight. He said to tell you that he is making extra spicy enchiladas for you," MJ says and I grin.