Parallel

There is going to be a lot of time skips throughout this as it covers years. If you are annoyed by large time skips, I wouldn't read because it has like year long time skips in it. 

By the way, the time difference is that one-twelfth of the time passes in the original world. This is kind of short as I have a massive project due in one of my classes along with a bunch of smaller ones in other classes and I haven't had the time. I am also probably going to be publishing tomorrow as well as it is my birthday and I want to.

Now, this wasn't fair. I had faced the vulture, Thanos, and Mysterio and seemed to come out with only moderate PTSD and damage afterwords. And after all those, one run of the mill bad guy manages to disrupt my life again.

Go out on patrol I said. I'll be fine I said. There can't possibly be worse then what I've gone through I said. Well, I was wrong. It wasn't worse but it was pretty bad. You may think I am being a tad bit dramatic, but you would feel the same if you had nine years of your life stolen.

 Let's rewind a bit to what started this in the first place. 

"Come on Pete, I'm sure the others on team red can handle it," Mom says and I shake my head.

"I should really go, I really don't need every newspaper covering how Wade accidentally stabbed Matt," I say and Mom nods.

"Love you and be careful!" Mom tells me as I swing out the window.

"I will, love ya!" I yell behind me as I zip out of the window.

Now I really wasn't looking forward to this. I had planned on having a Disney marathon with Mom and Morgan, like every single Friday. But of course, crazy guy with unknown weapons trumps all.

I end up landing on a rooftop somewhere in Brooklyn right next Wade and Matt looking down to the man aiming at trash cans, bikes, cars, etc. Anything on the street really.

"What's up with this nutter?" I ask watching him as he's cackling.

"From what I can gather, he has some kind of high tech device that looks like is making objects disappear. Can't tell if he's turning it invisible, vaporizing it, or something else entirely. Wade hasn't been all that helpful with describing what's going on," Matt says and glares in the direction of Wade.

"You seem pretty spot on," I say observing some more.

"See, I'm not bad at giving observations," Wade says while pouting under his mask.

"Actually Wade, you nearly got us killed when you thought someone's blaster was blasting out glitter while it was really blasting out mini bombs," I say and Wade actually laughs.

"Now you're wrong. I wouldn't have died," He says and it's now my turn to pout.

"Yeah, but the two of us would have," I say and Matt chuckles darkly.

"Let's just take this crazy guy down," Wade says and we all find our way down to the street.

Only it didn't go as planned. On my way down, the guy must have spotted me somehow and managed to hit me. I could hear the shout of Wade and then Matt asking what's going on, and then nothing.

************************************

My whole body ached all over and I felt as if a jackhammer was pounding inside my head. My eyes were sealed shut but I felt something wet all over me. Coupled with the pain, I'm pretty sure that it was blood. What really alarmed me was the amount of blood.