Becoming an intern part two

Its short and I'm sorry about it, I just really don't feel like writing. There will be another part.

I was right, I loved all of the machines. It was seven hours later when I was finished all of the tests. Harley was more and more surprised and kept throwing different things at me to test me. In that time, we ended up in the cafeteria as it was way past the end time of the tests and we were both hungry as I had gone through my snacks in the first test. Everyone in the cafeteria seemed confused but Harley just leads me back to the labs without a word afterward.

"Well, I really don't know what to say. You completely passed the intern exams and could be a full-fledged employee at the point. You even solved some problems while teams of people couldn't. All that is left is the contract, NDA, getting you an intern packet, badge, and psych valve," Harley says and I have to school my face into a relaxed expression.

Even if I was panicking on the inside.

******************

Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought. I was given the equivalent to a physical and I pretty much did what I thought normal people would do. I seemed to have passed as I was given the contract and NDA to sign. Harley had given me a packet but had also written a number on the front in a messy scrawl. I'm guessing it was his number.

I started in a week but Harley told me I could start earlier if I wanted to. I planned on starting tomorrow. There were just too many new fun toys I could play with. 

Peter: Harley?

Harley: Yeah?

Peter: It's Peter

Harley: Hey Peter, whatcha need?

Peter: That is what I am wondering. Do you need me to bring anything? Can I really start tomorrow?

Harley: Of course you can start tomorrow if you want. You can bring whatever projects your working on or want to work on in your free time but we shouldn't need you to bring anything.

Peter: Ok, thank you. Have a good night. 

Harley: U2

*******************

Harley laughs, causing Pepper and Morgan to look over. 

"What's up, honey?" Pepper asks and Harley smiles.

"Just the new intern. He's a genius when it comes to science, social settings not so much," Harley says and Pepper frowns.

"What do you mean?" Pepper asks while combing her fingers through Morgan's hair.

"Well, he solved a few problems that the R&D department has been having problems with for months. And then two seconds later completely didn't grasp the fact that I was flirting with him," Harley huffs in annoyance, and Pepper laughs.

"Tony was the same way if you can believe it. He didn't understand that I was acting more as a girlfriend and less as an assistant for the longest time. You just got to give him time," Pepper says and Harley nods.

****************************

"Aunt May, I think I'll be fine. I won't need pepper spray," I say and set the pepper spray down on the kitchen counter.

"You never know what could happen," Aunt May says and I snort.

"Aunt May, Stark Tower has the highest security in any building in New York. I won't need the pepper spray because no one could actually get to me," and the fact that I can lift ten tons, crawl up walls, and my senses are sharpened.     

"Alright, I just worry," Aunt May say and I smile.

"Thank you, I'll be fine though," I say and Aunt May pulls me into a hug.

"You have your work? Your snacks?" She asks and I nod.

"Yup made sure to pack them all," I say and pat the duffle bag packed full of snacks and my work.

"Be careful," Aunt May warns and I nod.

I walk out the door and gallop down the stairs, worried about being late even if I don't have to start for another five days. I run down the street and into the subway, not wanting to miss my train. I sit in a seat but can't stop the bouncing of my leg. One stop, two, three, four, finally there.

I dart out of the cart and up the stairs. I was lucky, the subway stop was just a block away from the tower. I stop once I am standing in front of it. This could be where my future really starts. I can't mess this up, not on my first day.

With that, I walk up the steps and into the front lobby.