Gone (Part Three)

I know I said I wouldn't do another part but I really like this story and I got inspired. I really have no clue what happens in family court so don't hold me to how I wrote that part. Anyway, on with the story.

I am standing in front of the mirror and sweating. I had lived with the Barton's for four months already and I was just starting to settle down. Clint having a team build a new room onto the house for me. Getting my own clothes and stuff back again. And just starting to fit in with the family.

I would play with Nate all of the time and he loved me climbing on the wall and shooting my web shooters. I would play soccer with Lila every afternoon after lunch. I would talk about Star Wars with Cooper at night. I would help Laura clean and cook and Clint taught me how to shoot a bow.

I know it was unlikely but there was a chance the judge wouldn't give custody to the Barton's and I really didn't want to leave them. They have become my family and I couldn't stand to lose another one.

"Peter?" Laura's voice says from the door and I turn to see her in a light blue summer dress.

"Hey, Laura," I say and turn back to straightening my already straight tie.

"We need to get going if we want to be on time," Laura says and I nod hesitantly.

"Are you sure you want this?" She asks and I snap out of my thoughts.

"Of course! That's why I am so worried, I scared that I won't be able to stay with you and that they will take me away from you," I say and Laura sighs.

"You do know Fury would never allow that, right?" She asks and I shrug.

"I dunno. Everyone I've ever cared about as either died, forgotten or left me. It's kind of a pattern at this point," I say and Laura hugs me from behind.

"I really don't know what's happened to you truly but we won't leave you," Laura says and I scowl.

"They all said that," I say and Laura hugs me tighter.

"Then let us show you," Laura says and I nod.

"Come on you two! We have to hurry!" Clint yells from the living room.

"You ready?" Laura asks and I nod.

We both walk out of my room and into the living room where the three kids plus Clint are wearing either suites or a dress. We were all in our best clothes and didn't have any food stains so that's good.

"Let's go," Laura says and we all pile out to the new SUV and all pile in.

It was a bit of a struggle as it always is but we all got in in the end. Clint is driving so he goes down the long driveway and then out and onto the road. I look out of the window as the farm fades into the distance.

We drive for about twenty minutes until we get into town. It's a small town, about 8,000 people at most and it was busy today as it was Saturday and nice out. We pull up to the courthouse and are surprised by the amount of camera's and reporters outside, this was supposed to be a closed court hearing.

"Why are there so many reporters?" I whisper to Clint and he smiles.

"We are adopting someone unknown to the public, me being an Avengers probably doesn't help matters," Clint whispers back and I nod, understanding.

We walk through the crowd with Clint and I forcing people back so the others can walk. We finally get to the door and the noise of the crowd fades when the doors shut behind us. We head down the hall and head to family courtroom two.