Hurt (Part Four)

This was it. My last day at the compound. I had known it was coming for a long time. I had been working on my final project. It was a wrist band that projected a screen onto your arm that you would use like any other device.

There was this competition for all of the interns at the end of the summer. The one with the best project would win a Stark phone along with a Stark computer and tablet. If you won, Stark Industry's would create the product and sell it and you would make fifteen percent of the profits plus have an opportunity to spend the next summer interning or having a job at Stark Industries.

In other words, this was a big day.

Oh, and did I forget to mention the judge would be Dr. Stark himself? I hadn't really seen him a lot besides when he checked in with us once a week. And even then, I was a nervous wreak. I know that I probably won't win but I was still excited to have THE Dr. Stark looking at my work.

I arrange my station for the fifth time and am satisfied. There is my process paper next to the actual bracelet on a stand. Over the past three months, I had been obsessing over this. I had gotten the first proto device working in a week but after that, I was obsessing over making it perfect. I had the designs in piles on the desk so Dr. Stark could look at them if he wanted to.

"What do you have here?" Dr. Stark asks while moving on from Reed's station.

"It is a touch projection on forearm screen bracelet," I say and flush.

"I'm still working on the name," I say still flushed.

"Let's take a look," Dr. Stark says and he seems to perk up from his board expression from before.

Dr. Stark grabs the bracelet from the stand and slips it onto his left wrist. He turns to look at me and I relize I need to show him how to use it.

 He turns to look at me and I relize I need to show him how to use it

"Do you see the small black buttion?" I ask and he nods.

"Press it for five senonds and wait. Once the white reqtangle shines onto your forarm, press your phone to the band," I say and he follows my instruction.

"An allow button with pop up on your screen, you need to press it. The braclet works with any wireless device but the phone is the best to use with it," I say and soon enough the screen on his phone is on his arm.

"Now you can pretty much do anything you can on your phone. Watch videos, play games, send texts. The only thing you can't do is make a phone call," I say and Dr. Stark raises his eyebrows.

"How does that work?" He asks and I grin while launching into maybe the longest explanation in the world.

************

Dr. Stark decided to take a few hours to decide who would win the best project of the summer. I was nearly shaking and that's how Natasha found me sitting in the hallway with my knees bent up to my chest.