The Marks that are left

Just want to say that this is not a field trip one-shot! I want to make a little change so I changed it, the power of the author and all that.

I want to put a warning in here about being bullied and mention of torture for all of you who don't like that. I am also going to change the title of the book to Peter Parker One-shots instead of what it is currently because I have idea's for one-shots that are not field trip and I am too lazy to make another book. Here's the update you want instead of my rambling.

I look in the mirror and scowl at myself. It had been five months and I still can't stand the look of myself and what they did to me. I trace the brand absentmindedly as I always do and curse. It wasn't fair that I had to be the one hurt but I was so glad that it was, I could take it and others may not be able to.

I turn my head away from the mirror disgusted at what I had become, someone who cared what I looked like. I pull a long sleeve shirt and then add a hoodie to that. I also switch my shorts to baggy jeans and plop a beanie on my head.

I grab my backpack and skateboard from my bed and head into the kitchen where almost all of the normal Avengers are sitting at the kitchen table except Clint who was perched on the fridge eating a plate full of pancakes.

The moment I walked into the room everyone turned to me and gave me smiles, it had been a while since I was dressed in anything other than sweatpants and some of Dads old MIT sweatshirts.

"It's nice to see you dressed and up and about," Aunt Nat says setting her coffee down.

"Thought it was about time. Plus, I can't really go to school wearing what I've been in," I say with a small smile.

"That's good to hear bud," Uncle Bucky says and I smile at him.

"Yeah, it is," I say back.

"It really is good to see you up and about," Pops says and I smile.

"It's been a while and I understand that but really? This is a bit much for me just leaving to go to school," I point out and everyone laughs a bit but the mood turns somber.

"Pete I don't want you to overdo it, you just left the tower for the first time a week ago," Uncle Bruce says in concern.

"I know that Uncle Bruce but this has to happen sometime right?" I question shrugging and everyone nods.

"Just be safe and call us if you have an attack," Dad says and I nod.

"See you after school," I say and walk out of the kitchen and to the elevator.

Once I am out and onto the street, I see that it is still drizzling from yesterday. I sigh to myself and then smile and look up at the sky, it was nice being able to feel the rain, even if it was only drizzling. I was kept underground for seven months and then refused to go outside the tower at all when I came back so in the past year or so I was only outside for about a day and a half.

I stopped looking up at the sky once I started to feel the eyes of people around me looking at me. I drop my skateboard to the pavement and push off and down the street. I weave between people as I fly down the street.

The time it took me to get to Midtown high passed in a blur and before I know it I am standing outside Midtown high. Thank's to me being kidnapped I missed the rest of my sophomore year and now, it was two months into my junior year.

I walk up the school steps and gather a few strange looks as I go. I could understand why as I disappeared only a few months into the school year and here I am now, with a scar that goes from the outside corner of my eye on the right side of my face to halfway down my neck.