The Start of a Friendship

Hastily edited but I needed to run out the door to a vocal concert and this was already a day late. Hope you like.

Life sucks. It will always suck somehow but today especially. I haven't slept in over a week and I was shot twice last night, and I have three tests today. One of the problems is that since I hadn't slept in so long, my bullet wounds wouldn't heal and I keep bleeding through the bandages.

"Parker!" I hear a yell and turn around to see Flash running towards me.

Oh god, not this shit today.

"What Flash? I am not in the mood for this shit," I say and Flash huffs.

"I don't care what your in the mood for," Flash says and gets closer.

"I stand my ground and glare at Flash, not in the mood for Flash's attitude.

"Whatever," Flash says and pushes past me and I am sent flying into the lockers.

I gasp in pain and my hand flies to my side. I check and am glad to see that my wounds hadn't started to leak through the bandages. I grab my stuff out of my locker and head to chemistry, sadly Flash has the same class and he sits next to me.

I slowly sit down and wince in pain as the skin of my torso is stretched. I notice Flash look over at me and I am surprised to almost see a look of worry on his face. The class starts and I start to feel something wet on my torso dripping down onto the chair.

"Mr. Parker, can you please answer the question?" Mr. Harrington asks and I look up at the board.

"The product is 17 derived from 896," I say and slowly look down at my stomach and see that my previously grey sweater was now stained a deep dark red. Shit.

"Peter! What the hell?" Flash hisses and points to my stomach with the blood.

"Flash, shut up," I tell him and start searching for something to cover up the blood so I could get to my locker where my extra bandages and change of shirt are.

"You're bleeding!" Flash says and I sigh.

"Oh gee, I would have never noticed," I snap and slowly lift the edge of my sweater and see that my whole stomach was covered in red and it had also dripped down to stain the top of my pants.

"Parker, what the hell? Why are you bleeding?" Flash asks and I sigh.

"I was shot last night," I say and suddenly remember that Flash was not a person you could tell that you got shot, not like the team or Ned.

"You got shot!" Flash yells and I wince as the whole class turns to us.

"Mr. Parker, what is going on?" Mr. Harrington asks and I sigh.

"Nothing," I say and Flash frowns.

"Parker, you need to the hospital! You were shot!" Flash says and I glare at him.

"You were shot?" Mr. Harrington asks and I shake my head.

"No, Flash is just joking. Isn't he?" I ask while glaring at Flash and he nods slowly.

Mr. Harrignton leaves us alone and goes back to teaching the class.

"Flash, don't say another word," I hiss and start to press paper onto my wounds.

"You are shot! You can't be at school," Flash says and I laugh quietly.

"I've been shot at school before, it's not that big of a deal," I say and Flash looks like he's about to stand up.

"Flash, don't say a word. After this I'll go home, my uncle trained me how to deal with this," I say and I bite my lip while hoping he takes it as it is.