Chapter One

In the Midst of the Light

One

Valerio

I curl my fingers, trying to find the alarm clock that's blaring in the bedroom that Aemilia undoubtedly put in here. It's the fifth one. Just like the last four times, I can't manifest it to myself, and Lexie is sound asleep still. I silently cuss at my sister, and drop to my knees to look under the bed for it. The sneaky snake duct taped it to the bottom of my bed! The last one was taped to the back of our closet.

I growl a little, and flip over onto my back to reach it. I tear it down, put boxers on myself, and then manifest to Aemilia's bedroom. As soon as the loud noise echoes through the room, she bolts up in the bed. I levitate the device in my hand, and send it to the ceiling. I seal it there, and as Aemilia sleepily throws her pillow at me, I smile at her, twiddle my fingers, and go back to mine and Lexie's room.

I wave my hand, turning off any electronics in the room and taking my boxers back off, and then climb back into bed. I move to my side, and wrap my arms around Lexie, pulling her against me. I take a deep breath through my nose as I cradle my chin on her shoulder. Her honeysuckle scent makes me hard before I'm even done taking the breath. I glance to the window, knowing the sun is going to start coming up in eight minutes. I might as well get up. I'll be up in about forty-five minutes anyway. I still wake up at six each morning. I wish, just once, I could know what it was like to sleep in.

I bring my chin to my chest, and kiss the back of Lexie's neck. She stirs in my arms, pushing herself against me. I bite my bottom lip, and squeeze her hip with my hand, keeping her against me. My dick twitches against her plump rear end. I move my hand from her hip, and twist my wrist to spread my hand over her butt. Her ass fits perfectly in my hand.

Lexie's breathy moan fills the room, so I quickly bend my arm that's under her pillow, and cover her mouth with my hand. At the same time, I grip her ass tighter in my hand.

"Don't," I beg as her breath shoots out her nose. I kiss the back of her ear, and she moans again, making me growl.

I move my hand on her ass down, cupping her from behind. My hand forces her legs apart, and I feel her breathing pick up. I kiss her earlobe as I move her panties to the side. I gently bite it as I slip a finger inside her, making her go slack against me. I work my finger back and forth, and then move my thumb to circle around her asshole. My finger moistens even more.

Lexie arches her back, pushing against me more as she whimpers. I move my hand from covering her mouth, and lightly grip around her throat. I continue to work both my fingers as I start kissing the back of her neck, working my way down her perfect back. My thumb pushes in just a little as I let go of her throat to move down the bed more, and she soaks my middle finger.