Chapter Twenty-Seven

***I want to apologize to all my readers for the insanely long wait on this chapter. One shitty thing after the next kept happening in my life, and it's just now finding some type of balance. I was also trying to finish the next chapter before positing this one, but that's not going to happen. As it sits right now, the next chapter is at 18,000+ words. I've decided to break it down into several smaller chapters. It is EPIC though, so again, I'm really sorry for the wait, and I hope you guys enjoy!***

In the Midst of the Light

Twenty-Seven

Valerio

When Lexie, Spencer and I land in my office, I drop Spencer in a heap on the floor. I have no intentions in killing him, yet. I need him alive for now to lure The Warlock here. Unlike the last time I had Spencer, I won't be leaving him unattended. I plan on staying with him myself. I will watch over him, and wait for The Warlock to make his appearance to save him again. The Warlock may have told Spencer when he was rescuing him the last time that it would be the last time, but The Warlock needs Spencer so he can keep his identity a secret. Without Spencer, The Warlock and Zombie will be forced to do things themselves, and since the wolves are currently killing his entire coven, they will be left with no other option than to come collect Spencer.

I feel as though I'm vibrating with anticipation. I'm ready to face The Warlock again. I was able to break his hold, which means I'm somehow a least a little stronger with my magic than he is with his. And I'm still not sure how I had a vision, which is what I had to of had. Every single thing about that meeting was exactly the same as the dream I had. I need Aemilia awake so I can talk to her about it. If I do somehow have the ability to see into the future, I need to learn how to control it as quickly as possible. Mom hasn't had a vision in so long that I don't think she will be much help, especially since she never had the control over her vision like Aemilia does.

Taking a deep, calming, breath, I make my way over to my chair. If I don't sit down, the overwhelming urge to just kill Spencer might take over with me standing so close to him. As I pull my chair out, I ask Lexie, "Will you ask my Mom when she believes Aemilia and R.C. will wake up?"

Lexie's eyes widen. "You want me to leave you alone with him?"

I look between the two chair on the other side of my desk where Spencer is laying, facing away from me. I nod my head, and reply, "When The Warlock comes for him," I look up to Lexie, "I don't want you anywhere near this office."

"So you want me to leave," she asks, her eyebrows scrunching together, "and not come back until," she pauses, "when?"

I take a deep breath, swallow, and tell her, "Until this is over."