Chapter Twenty-Eight~ PART FIVE

In the Midst of the Light

Twenty-Eight

PART FIVE

The Warlock

Zombie and I come into the meeting room at home, both of us donning our robes and masks. I wave my hand, sending a message to the coven to come to the room. Before Valerio can do anything against us, I need to send him into a panicked frenzy. I need to keep him busy, distracted, so I can set things into motion.

The bottom of my robe rustles from the wind as the coven comes into the room. When Josie makes her appearance, I force myself to look away from her. We still haven't talked, and right now definitely isn't the right time.

"Everyone sit down," I instruct. When everyone is in their spots, I ask, "How many of you know about the Guild Leaders?" Each member looks around to another member, and then most of them nod their heads. Good, they at least know of them. "Well, family, they have learned of our bombs." The coven gasps. "There is a young woman among them named Aemilia. She has the ability to see into the future, and she just recently found her mate. Her mating allowed her ability to become stronger. She saw Spencer discussing where to place the bomb in Las Vegas, and actually tried to stop it. The new Guild Leader, Valerio, is hell bent on stopping us from our way of life. I promise all of you, I will not let that happen. I will not kill the Guild Leaders, at least not yet, but we do need to throw them into chaos."

I take a deep breath and look at Spencer. "You're going to kidnap Valerio's mate, Lexie. I will cast a spell to make her go on one of her runs in the forest, and along her trail, you will use Josie's powder on her."

Spencer cocks his head to one side. "Warlock, may I ask a question?"

I nod my head.

"How do you know all this?"

I take a deep breath, look at Zombie, and he nods his head to me. We have to tell them. Keeping them in the dark about who we are now will only get them killed.

I work my neck, popping it, and then curl my fingers. My mask and robes disappear, and for the first time, the bulk of the coven is seeing me. Zombie is right though; keeping this from the coven won't do them any good. If my brothers and sister have any chance of surviving what is to come, they need to know everything.

The room falls silent as Zombie also discards his costume. I lift my chin, and say, "My name is R.C. Heteria. I am Cauis and Esmerelda's youngest son." I look at Zombie, not letting the coven's reaction to the news derail me, and continue, "Zombie is Logan Cicero, Septimus and Aquila's only child."

"He's not their only child," Alec says.

Zombie laughs at him. "If I have a brother or sister, I'm pretty sure I would know about it."