Chapter Twenty-Eight~ PART THREE

In the Midst of the Light

Twenty-Eight

PART THREE

The Warlock

Eight Weeks Later...

Being part lycanthrope is what drove Josie away, and now I'm about to be in the middle of thousands of them. If I could get rid of my wolf without dying, I would do it to make Josie happy. Even with her rejection, I still want her, and I'm willing to do anything to have her.

"You're not ready?" Mom sighs as she comes into the basement in the main house. "Even Valerio is ready!"

"My brother has been ready to marry Lexie ever since she was born," I snark back, and then snap my mouth closed. Josie's rejection has made me even more bitter, and if I'm not careful, her rejection is going to draw the families attention.

Mom comes over, giving me a sad look, and says, "I'm sure one day you will find your mate, R.C."

I try to hide my disdain; which isn't hard since Mom becomes preoccupied with getting my jacket to my tux ready. As Valerio's best man, I should have been ready ten minutes ago, but I honestly don't care that he's getting married. Everyone acts like this is some huge thing, but everyone has known Valerio and Lexie would be together for years. So, why make such a big deal over it? Because he's Guild Leader now? So what?

I'm the most powerful warlock on the planet, but you don't see me planning extravagant parties in my name.

I curl my fingers, completely dressing myself so this night can be over with already. The coven and I are making another bomb tonight, and according to Zombie and Spencer, we have enough humans to sacrifice that it will be our biggest one yet.

A large smile pulls on my face, and Mom comments, "I like seeing you smile, R.C., I wish you would do it more often."

I chuckle at her. Oh, Mother, if only you knew why I'm smiling.

As Valerio and Lexie exchange rings, someone in the crowd catches my eye. I turn my head, and my eyes widen a little when I see Josie. I snap my eyes to Zombie, and ask him, What the fuck is Josie doing here?