Chapter Twenty-Eight~ PART FOUR

In the Midst of the Light

Twenty-Eight

PART FOUR

The Warlock

"Hey," Gavin greets Zombie and I as he comes into the cabin.

"Hey," we respond, and then Zombie continues, "How was, where were you again?"

Gavin sighs heavily as he sits down in the chair across from the couch. "We went to France, Argentina, Singapore and Australia."

"Does Dubois always want a visit if Aunt Nikiya leaves on another tour?" I ask as I scribble a drawing.

I've decided on everyone in the coven, even Zombie and I, getting a tattoo. Something that connects us all, and where we're each represented. It's nothing fancy, but I think the coven will like it.

"Pretty much," Gavin replies as I draw another straight line through the circles. "What have you two been up to? I haven't been home in four months, other than for the wedding, and I feel like I'm missing out on a lot here."

"You're not," Zombie tells him quickly. "Valerio and Lexie just got back from their honeymoon two days ago. That's about all you've missed."

Gavin makes a weird grunting noise as I continue on the tattoo concept. "They're all going to a club in town right now. They left about half an hour ago."

I don't get the fascination with clubs and bars. Why drive somewhere to drink, knowing full well it's illegal to drink and drive? I shake my head at the idiocy of people while I make the final line for the tattoo. When it's done, I blow on the paper and then hold it up for Zombie to approve or deny.

Luckily, I don't have to explain it to him. He just seems to understand it. He smiles a little at it, but I can see the approval in his eyes. He nod his head, and says, "Looks good," in a casual tone.

"What's that for?" Gavin asks.

I shrug at him as I put the sketchbook back down on my lap. "Just bored," I reply. I scratch at the side of my neck, feeling my desire to create another bomb so quickly after the last one rise. My appetite for destruction hasn't lessened, like I thought it would. It's like I'm being pushed by something, not the black magic exactly, to create more.

I work my neck, trying to get the feeling to go down for just a little while so I can appear normal for Gavin. As I take a calming breath, the feeling grows. I swallow at the intensity of it. Why am I wanting, no, needing, more? It's only been a couple of days since our largest bomb to date. There's always a break between bombs, that way the missing persons list for the area doesn't skyrocket. The last bomb took twelve people, and this feeling is calling for even more next time.