Epilogue

In the Midst of the Light

Epilogue

Spencer

I sigh, as I watch in secret, Valerio and Lexie leave the ritual room. Valerio is drenched in my families blood, and I don't even want to know the emotions, or possibly lack there of, coming from Warlock in this moment. More than likely, some of the blood on his brother is Josie's, and even if some of it isn't, it's the coven's.

Much like Warlock and Zombie themselves, I have always felt out of place in the world. New Orleans was a great place for Josie and I to call home, but I didn't realize until Warlock plopped down at my table that something else was missing in my life. Turning to black magic was difficult, but it was more of an adjustment for me than Josie. I think her feelings towards Warlock played a huge role in how she was able to embrace the darkness faster than me.

She should have been Warlock's Third, not me, but it was her loyalty to me that made her decide that I take the position over herself.

And now, the whole coven is gone. The only ones left are Warlock and I. I knew he would kill Zombie for failing, but killing his own father was out of left field. I feel like I have gotten to know Warlock very well over the last year, and although I knew he hated the Heterias, I didn't expect him to deliver such a fate to Cauis. I wonder if they will be able to miraculously bring him back to life? There's literally nothing left of him, just like with Braelyn and the coven, so I seriously doubt it.

I watch as Aemilia, Keegan and Brianna circle around Warlock, wishing there was a way I could save him from going into a prison. The black chains around him are enchanted so no one can take them off. I've already tried. If Josie was here, she would know what to do. She was so much smarter than I was, and right now, both Warlock and myself need her.

The cold, dead to us eyes the three of them are giving Warlock makes me want to kill them, but I can't do something without his approval first. If I intervene, and mess up whatever plan he may have, he would kill me.

I really don't want to be his latest victim.

As I watch the three of them start the spell to put Warlock away, I vow to myself to do everything I can to make sure he gets out. First thing I will need to do is find the spell they're using, but more importantly the binding agent. If I can find it, I can simply reverse it and bring him out.