Chapter Twenty-Eight~ PART TWELVE

In the Midst of the Light

Twenty-Eight

PART TWELVE

The Warlock

I take a deep breath, trying to calm my spiking heart rate, as I feel someone break through the barrier around our home. I wave my hand, turning off every single light in the compound, putting my robe and mask on, as well as turning off the loud speaker from the celebration that's still raging. I nod my head to Zombie, and when he nods back, I take myself to where our intruder is, making sure I'm invisible.

My eyes nearly come out of their sockets when I see Valerio, Lexie, Aemilia, Keegan, Brianna, Sophie and Pascale in the meeting room. How the fuck did Valerio find us? I know this is his first time ever coming here, but how did he know where we are?

I curl my fingers, manifesting my truth serum. I want to cram it down Valerio's throat right this second, but saner heads prevail.

Valerio levitates off the floor, and everyone follows after him. They must be using the pack link.

Valerio has found his way here, I inform Zombie. Get everyone to the safe room for now.

How did he find us?

As soon as I know, you'll know.

Everyone is in the safe room, but I'm not leaving you alone.

I don't respond as Sophie and Pascale leave. Valerio takes a deep breath, and then moves to peak out the door. I follow behind Valerio and Lexie once he finally gets the balls to leave the room, and squeeze out between Aemilia and Keegan. I feel Rullus pulling me to him, but I don't feel like now is the right time to make my move. It helps greatly that Valerio split everyone up though. Zombie can follow Aemilia, Keegan and Brianna.