Chapter Six

In the Midst of the Light

Six

Valerio

I swallow at the lump in my throat. I've never address the entire family. Sure, the pack has had meetings since I became Guild Leader, but this is the first time there's a situation that needs immediate attention. And the knowledge that at least half of them will be against any actions against The Warlock and Zombie has me even more nervous.

Appear confident, even if you don't feel it, son. The packs will follow you if believe in something strong enough.

Dad's teachings echo through my head as the living room fills with my family and pack. Even with my immediate family, my four Aunts and Uncles, along with my five cousins, there is still room for more in here. Lexie takes my hand as everyone takes a position around the room, staying easily within our line of sight.

I glance to Dad briefly, and then lift my chin as I look around the room. "There is a warlock who has turned to practicing dark magic." I pause as Aunt Hope, Aunt Aquila and Braelyn gasp. "He calls himself 'The Warlock'."

Uncle Septimus snickers, "How original," under his breath.

"The believed 'terrorist attacks' that have been happening these last few months are his doing, along with his Second, Zombie," I continue. "Aemilia has the ability to see any future now since her mating with Keegan. She does not have to actually be present to see it anymore. She saw the attack in Las Vegas, and her and Keegan took off to try and stop it. The Warlock somehow has his and Zombie's futures blocked from her, so she didn't know exactly when it would be. When the spell started, myself, Lexie, Aemilia, and Brianna saw the dark magic for ourselves."

I pause, taking a steady breath. "We need to find The Warlock and Zombie, and stop them somehow. The majority of us have magic, and although most of you weren't born with it, those who were understand the need to do this." I sweep my eyes across the room, and order, "Even still, everyone will help look for them."

Aunt Aquila raises a finger, so I nod my head to her. "I saw how big that explosion was, Valerio." She swallows, and gives me a pained look. "The amount of magic needed to create that much destruction, even to the surrounding buildings, would call for more than just two people. By my estimate, I would say it's a small coven. There's at least twelve of them."

I lock my jaw. "You're sure?"

She nods her head. "At least."

I take a deep breath as I look around the room. I can already tell who is happy with doing something about this, and those who aren't. Mom, Aemilia, Keegan, R.C., Aunt Hope, the twins, Aunt Aquila, Uncle Eric and Logan all seem to want to stop this. It's the look of determination on their faces that sets them apart from Dad, Uncle Septimus, Luke, Miles, Aunt Abigail, Nikiya, Sophie and Gavin.