Chapter Twenty-Eight~ PART FOURTEEN

In the Midst of the Light

Twenty-Eight

PART FOURTEEN

The Warlock

As I rest from the overwhelming amount of magic bringing Valerio out has brought, I'm in constant panic and worry over Josie's safety. I hope Zombie was able to explain everything to her properly and that she's not freaking out over it. I don't want her to be scared of me, that's the last thing I want, but I'm almost positive she will be now.

I had no control over my wolf, not that I really tried to control him, but even still. If I wanted to, I don't think I would have been able to stop him from claiming her. I had been around my mate for so long, and when my wolf broke through his own personal fog of my black magic, he acted on instinct as soon as we smelled Josie.

Zombie better keep her safe until I can return. I doubt Valerio will be able to find the compound before I wake up.

It's hidden well.

I hear Spencer chanting, but his cadence is too rough. His voice doesn't sound quite right. As he pulls me out of my sleep, I can tell something has happened. My first though is why isn't Zombie or Josie doing this? But, as my eyes flutter open and I sit up on a bed somewhere, I see Zombie's ghostly white face. I come off the bed, anxious to see where Josie is, but before I can get any further than my feet hitting the carpet, in what appears to be a shabby motel, Spencer flicks his fingers towards me, and freezes me in my place.

"Valerio and the packs showed up to our home," Spencer lays on me, making the new air in my lungs evacuate. My eyes move, but not my head, as I try to find Josie. "The only ones that are still alive are in this room," he finishes, and then takes a step back.

In the Midst of the Light~ The Guild Leader Chronicles Book Four (COMPLETE)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें