A Big Accomplishment

It's now Friday, which is the last dress rehearsal before the performances on Saturday. Everyone went into the theater and sat in their assigned sections. The directors came out from behind the curtain. Darren was dressed up like King Triton because one of the directors has always been in the play with the kids.

"Before we start our last dress rehearsal, we have something for one of you." Vanessa said.

"Y/n, would you please come to the stage." Darren said.

You were surprised that it was you because you're never that one person getting called out of a big group of people. You got on the stage and stood in between Vanessa and Darren.

"Y/n, throughout the week, we have seen what you're capable of. Darren and I believe that you are ready to start acting at the professional level." Vanessa said.

Once she said that, the other kids started clapping and cheering for you. You were blown away by this announcement.

"Therefore, this is for you." Darren said, handing you an envelope.

You opened it and read the letter to yourself.

"Well, what does it say?" one of the younger kids asked. You started to read the letter out loud for everyone to hear.

"Dear y/n l/n, according to what your camp directors have written about you, your acting ability and passion, they feel that you should start acting at the professional level. Upon their request, you are given the opportunity to fly out to California, where you will get to audition for two new movies that will come out later on in the year. On Monday of next week, you have an audition for the new LifeTime movie called Believe Me. On Tuesday, you have an audition for the second movie of the Maze Runner series: the Scorch Trials."

After reading those words, you jumped for joy. You have the opportunity to audition to be in your favorite series.

All you could do was give Vanessa and Darren a hug. This opportunity means the world to you!

You calmed yourself down from all of the excitement and sat back down in your seat in the audience. Vanessa and Darren then pulled the curtain back to reveal the set and the costumes. The younger kids got their costumes first and then the older kids got theirs. You all went off to the dressing rooms to get into costume.

After getting into your costume, some of the girls were saying that you look like Ariel or that they like your costume. After everyone was dressed in their costumes, dress rehearsal started.

The directors ran through the whole play before releasing everyone for lunch. During lunch, some kids were asking why you got so excited about the second audition. You explained your love for the Maze Runner series and showed them some pictures of the cast. After lunch, you guys ran through the play again.