Movie Night

"Mind if I make a movie suggestion?" she asked.

"Sure." you responded.

"Believe Me is airing on the LifeTime channel in about five minutes if you wanna watch it." Katie said.

"Wait! That movie only took four days to film?" you asked.

"Yeah. Surprising, I know. Also, I heard about what happened to you last night. I'm sorry." Katie said.

"It's okay. I'm better now. And, yes, I would love to watch your movie. I'll call you back after we watch it. Bye." you said, then hung up.

"Who was that?" Dylan asked with a mouthful of ice cream.

"Katie. She's the girl that got the part in the other movie that I auditioned for." you explained.

"Was it that Believe Me movie you were telling me about when I met you?" Kaya asked.

"Yes. She said that it's airing on the LifeTime channel in about five minutes. So, can we watch it?" you said.

They all agreed and anyway, they did say that you could choose the movie.

Dexter grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. He found the LifeTime channel and there was a different movie on, but it looked like it was coming to an end. A few commercials came on and then, there was a commercial for Believe Me. After that went off, the movie started.

Everyone went back to eating their ice cream as the movie played. It starts out with Lisa working a late shift at a donut shop and she rides her bike home. It switched to a scene where Lisa writes a note, then talks to her sister on the phone.

"What's the description of the movie?" Rosa asked.

Dexter pressed a button on the remote that brought up the movie summary. It said: Based on a true story. A 17-year-old girl uses reverse psychology to get her kidnapper to set her free. When she returns home, the only person who believes her story is a veteran detective who realizes she was taken by a notorious serial killer.

When everyone heard the part about Lisa's kidnapper being a serial killer, they froze.

"Hey!" you said, clapping your hands.

They were taken out of their daze and went back to watching the movie. You guys weren't even halfway through the movie when your bowl was already empty. When it was at the part where Lisa faked her name and age, the movie went to commercial. Now was the time to get more ice cream. You went to the kitchen to refill your bowl.

"Man, that is intense already." Alexander said.

"And that's a horrible experience that a 17-year-old should have to go through." Ki Hong said.

That got your attention. You cleared your throat loudly and glared at Ki Hong. He looked at you and saw your point.

"Oh. Sorry." he apologized.

"It's fine. She had it worse than me." you said, coming back to your spot.

The movie came back on and you guys continued watching it. All you could think about was how good Katie portrayed Lisa.

The movie ended with a follow up with what has happened since than. The real Lisa McVey is now a police officer and her abductor is now on death row. Everyone was quiet after it ended.

"Well? What do we do now?" you asked everyone.

"Another movie?" Thomas suggested.

Everyone agreed on watching Mrs. DoubtFire and ate more ice cream.