Am I Really Ready?

You felt Thomas put his hand on your back.

"Don't listen to Isabella." he said.

"Go away." you said into the counter.

"Isabella's a total jerk." he said.

"Not her," you said, lifting your head up. "It's me. I'm the problem." you cried.

Thomas looked shocked and confused. He's probably wondering what makes you think that, and you're about to tell him.

"What?" Thomas questioned.

"I'm never gonna be as good as you guys. You guys are professional and I'm just a theatre kid." you cried, letting out all the emotions flow out of you.

Thomas didn't know how to respond. All he did was open his arms, which you fell into. He engulfed you in a hug as you cried on his shoulder. After crying for a few minutes, you had calmed yourself down. You broke from his grip and wiped your eyes.

"Is it true though? Did you guys watch my callback for Believe Me?" you asked.

"Yes, we did. But, that did not influence the decision on casting you in the Scorch Trials, honestly." Thomas said.

You were looking in a different direction. Thomas lifted your face up with two fingers.

"Y/n, look at me." he said, moving your focus to him. "All of us see the potential in you. We know that you're gonna be amazing at playing Kelsey. We couldn't have asked for a better girl to play her. You can do this, no matter what." Thomas said.

His words encouraged you. You looked at your courage bracelet as a smile came on your face. You gave him the hug this time. Another tear rolled down your face, but it was the good kind of tear.

You heard more footsteps coming. You both looked in the direction it was coming in. It was the others.

"Finally." Dylan said.

"We've been looking everywhere for you guys." Ki Hong said between breaths.

You got up from the stool and went over to Wes. He knew what you were gonna ask him.

"So, you guys watched my callback for Believe Me?" you asked.

"Yes. But, don't listen to her. That didn't make me cast you." Wes explained.

You looked at everyone around you. You had the nerve to ask this.

"Wes, am I really ready for this?" you asked.

"Of course you are. I wouldn't have put your name on that cast list if you weren't. You are going to be amazing." Wes said.

That made you feel better about this whole thing.

"Well? What are we waiting for? Let's head to the Scorch." you said.

Everyone got pumped up and left that part of the studio. They all went outside. Everything was packed and ready to go. You guys got into the party bus and were ready for a long road trip.

The driver started the bus when Jacob spotted some blue police lights up ahead. The bus drove past the scene. You guys looked out the window to see what was happening. Two officers were putting a girl in handcuffs.

That could only mean one thing...they caught Isabella and they're charging her for kidnapping you.

The scene was getting further away for you guys to see.

"Now it's over." you said.

"Alright. Let's not let her ruin the day. We're heading to our filming spot and we have a fifteen hour road trip ahead." Dexter said.

'Yeah. I'm not gonna let Isabella ruin my day.' you thought.

New Mexico, here we come!