The Email and A New Friend

It was from Jim, the director. You read the email and he called you back tomorrow for two scenes from the movie. There were also a Google Doc in the email; that was the script for those two scenes. After three years of acting at school, you have never been called back before.

You looked up from your phone and made eye contact with Katie.

"Did you get called back?" Katie asked.

"Yes!" you said with joy.

You both jumped out of your seats and shared a hug.

"What scenes are you called back for?" she asked.

"Where Lisa lies about having a sick father and where her kidnapper lets her go. What about you?" you said.

"When Lisa's family doesn't believe her and the police interviews." Katie said.

You both congratulate each other and went over to Dawn's desk to print out the scripts from the Google Docs. She printed out the scripts for you two. Then, you both exchanged numbers and social media.

You and Katie said goodbye and she left the studio. A few minutes after she left, she texted you, requested you on Instagram and friended you on Snapchat. Your Uber car arrived and you got in the backseat. You accepted her requests and made a contact for her on your phone.

You got back to your hotel, and called your friends and family to tell them about the callback. You were looking over the lines when something came into your mind.

You also have your audition for the Scorch Trials tomorrow. A callback and an audition all in one day!

You emailed Jim about your other audition. He replied back, saying that he'll schedule your callback early to make time adjustable. You were relieved and went back to going over the script. You rehearsed without looking and nailed every word. You decided to write your own monologue for the Scorch Trials audition. You spent the rest of the day rehearsing.