Your Moment in the Spotlight

Your Monologue
"Why did this have to happen to me? I mean, I'm only a kid. Or at least I was. I was taken away from my family at age 6 by large men in big black suits that had the letters
'W C K D' on their arms. As I was being dragged further and further away, I realized that this would be my last glimpses of my family. The people that took me made me change my name. My name is not Addison anymore, it's now Olivia. The higher authority figures call us by letters, numbers, and subject names. They call me Subject D5, the Lost One. I thought about my name all the time. Why was I given this name and this supposed "new life"?

I was 14 when I escaped the Maze and was brought to a new building. Then, the worst possible thing happened...my best friend was taken away from me. That was it! I knew I had to get out of this place before they come for me or worse. I ran and ran until I found a door and on the other side, was a dark sandy landscape. I started to run as fast as I could. I was finally free, but I don't know what to do now. What am I searching for? A new life? People that can help me? Many questions swarmed my mind. I knew that I have to put one foot in front of the other and have hope. There is a place for me out there somewhere. I don't know where it is, but I will not stop searching for it."

~~~~~~~~~~

You paused for a few seconds after finishing.

"Thank you." you said.

All four of them were clapping for you. That made you feel so special.

"Thank you for coming, y/n. The callback list will be emailed tomorrow." Wes said.

"Thank you so much." you said with a smile.

You gave Wes your resumé, grabbed your 31 bag, and left the room.