The Best News Ever

You woke up before your alarm went off. You rubbed your eyes and stretched in your bed. You went to the bathroom to do your morning routine. You put on your school theatre shirt, jean shirts, and navy converse, as well as your class ring and your courage bracelet. You looked at your phone on the nightstand. You took it off of the charger and turned off airplane mode.

As the WiFi was connecting, your heart was beating rapidly and your hands were shaking. Your text tone and Snapchat went off a few times, and...an email. You answered the texts and Snapchats, then went to the email. It was from Netflix. You groaned in frustration. You deleted the Netflix email and refreshed the inbox.

Nothing.

You went down to the buffet for breakfast. You got waffles, a chocolate chip muffin, and a bottle of water. While eating, you couldn't stop thinking about the Scorch Trials. You were wondering what is going on at that studio.

The cast's POV
Wes called Dylan, Thomas, Ki Hong, Kaya, Dexter, and Will to the studio to show them the cast list for the Scorch Trials and discuss the plan for the day. They are all eager to find out who is going to become apart of the Maze Runner family.

They went to room A5 and they were waiting on Wes. He finally came in and looked as eager as everyone else.

"Hey guys. I can't wait for you all to see this list." Wes said, holding up a piece of paper.

"Well, let's see it." Dexter said.

Wes handed the list to them and they looked at the names of their new cast members. The list went in the order of when each character is introduced in the movie.

The Scorch Trials Cast

Janson: Aidan Gillen

Aris: Jacob Lofland

Kelsey: Y/n L/n

Brenda: Rosa Salazar

Jorge: Giancarlo Esposito

Marcus: Alan Tudyk

Harriet: Nathalie Emmanuel

Sonya: Katherine McNamara

Vince: Barry Pepper

Mary: Lili Taylor

The rest of the list was extras for WICKED personnel and guards, Cranks, and Right Arm survivors.

They all looked up from the paper.

"Well? What do you think?" Wes asked.

"WE LOVE IT!" they said in unison.

"I knew you would. Those people were my top choices." Wes said.

"Have you sent them the emails yet?" Dylan asked, handing the paper back to Wes.

"Not yet. I'm about to right now." Wes said, taking out his phone.

Thomas stopped him.

"Wait! Since that y/n is a big Maze Runner fan, how about we call her to tell her the news?" he suggested.

They all agreed and Wes dialed her number. Ki Hong and Dexter pulled out their phones to take video of the call. Wes put his phone on speaker and it started to ring.

Y/n's POV
You finished eating breakfast and went back to your room. You were playing Candy Crush when your screen froze. A number from California was calling you. You decided to answer it and hit the accept button.

"Hello?" you said.

"Hi y/n. It's Wes from the Scorch Trials." he said.

Adrenaline rushed through your body. You didn't know how to respond.

"Oh! Hi. How are you today?" you said.

"I'm good, but I think you're about get even better." Wes said.

"Why is that?" you asked.

"I'm calling because I wanted to tell you personally that...you are Kelsey." Wes said.