Until Next Time

It's Monday, which is Labor Day. You and the boys woke up. Your family was in the kitchen, making pancakes for breakfast.

"So, what did you guys think of this weekend?" you said to start a conversation.

All four of them responded with out of sync responses.

"What was your favorite part this weekend?" you asked.

"That ice cream place was the best." Thomas said.

"I enjoyed the boat ride and the kneeboarding. Even though my legs are killing me." Dexter said.

"Your family's nightly get-togethers were fun." Dylan said.

All of you stared at Ki Hong, who hasn't answered yet.

"Well? What was your favorite part of this weekend, Ki Hong?" you asked.

He thought for a second. "I honestly can't decide. Everything has been so much fun." he admitted.

"Breakfast is ready." your mom called from the kitchen.

You all went to the table to see five plates of homemade pancakes. You poured syrup on your pancakes.

"I really missed your home cooking, Mom." you said.

"But, you were well fed the whole time you were with us." Dexter said.

All of you got ready for a day at the beach. The boys had to watch the time so they can get to the airport at a descent time. Everyone sat in beach chairs, under the umbrellas. It felt so good to feel the sand in between your toes. Unfortunately, the water was too cold to go swimming.

Soon enough, it about mid-afternoon, which meant it was time to go back. All of you went back to your beach house to pack up and take showers. Everyone said goodbye to each other. You and the boys got in your car and you started to drive back home.

You guys got home and the boys packed up the rest of their stuff. All five of you got in your car once again and drove to the airport. You tried so hard to keep your emotions from coming out.

You hate to see them leave and summer coming to an end. But, you have all of the cast members' numbers so you can keep in touch. The premiere for the Scorch Trials is sometime in October, so it won't be that long before you see them again. But, it seems like such a long time.

You pulled up to the curb, near to the airport's entrance. You parked your car and helped the boys get their luggage out of your car. All of you said your final goodbyes. You gave them long, tight hugs.

"We'll miss you, tiger." Ki Hong said, using his nickname for Kelsey from the movie.

Then, you moved to Dylan. He engulfed you in a big bear hug. "This has been fun. See you in October for the premiere." he said.

Then, you moved to Dexter. "We'll miss you. Enjoy senior year." he said.

Then, you moved to Thomas. He held you in a long, tight embrace.

"I'm gonna miss you, love." he said.

"I will too." you said.

You looked up at him. "Thank you...for everything." you said.

You both leaned in for a kiss. That'll be the last one for a while. They started to walk into the airport. But then, Thomas ran back to you.

"Here. I want you to have this. I have my own copy. You can keep the original picture." he said, giving you the photo booth pictures.

You smiled at him and he smiled back. Then, he went back in the airport. You got back in your car and drove home.

Until next time...