Coming Together

You were shocked! Did Wes Ball really just say that to you?

"Wait, what?!? Are you kidding?" you asked, while smiling from ear to ear.

"No, I'm not. You got casted as Kelsey in the Scorch Trials movie." Wes said.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you so much. This means the world to me." you said.

You started to cry.

"Why are you crying?" Wes asked.

"I'm sorry. It's just...I haven't been casted in anything in a year and I never had a lead role before." you explained.

"Awe. Anyway, this is your time and I believe that you are ready. Everyone in the cast is going to meet at the studio at 10:00am to read the script, then have lunch." Wes said.

"Okay. I will be there. Thanks again." you said.

"You are very welcome. We'll see you than. Goodbye." Wes said.

"Bye." you said, then hung up.

'My acting dream finally came true! I am a character in a movie and this is my first lead role. This is will definitely show the people back home who they passed up on.' you thought to yourself.

You spent the next half hour texting your friends and family about the best news ever. They responded in all caps and happy emojis.

A little while after telling them the news, you received an email from Wes. It was the cast list. You read through it to see their names and characters. You were smiling when you saw "Kelsey: Y/n L/n" on the list. You took a screenshot of it just because.

You looked at the time and saw that it was 9:30am. You grabbed your 31 bag, went downstairs, and waited for your Uber. It arrived and you got in the backseat.

You put your headphones in and put on the song, 'Gold' by Britt Nicole. The car came to a stop and you looked out the window. You have arrived at the studio. You put your headphones away and got out of the car.

You couldn't help but smile. Awesomeness and opportunity are on the other side of those studio doors. You opened the door and walked in. Dawn got your attention.

"Hi y/n. Wes said to come to room A5 again, then he'll take you to another room." she said.

"Okay, thank you." you said.

"You're welcome." she said.

You walked down the hallway and found the room again. You saw that a boy was walking into room A5. He noticed you coming and he held the door for you.

"Thanks." you said.

"You're welcome." he said.

You walked in and noticed that Aidan was talking to two other men and a woman about his age. The boy started a conversation with you.

"I'm Jacob. What's your name?" he said.

"I'm y/n. Which character are you?" you asked.

"I play Aris. Let me take a guess. You're playing...Kelsey." Jacob said.

"Yes I am. You know, you really look Aris." you said.

"Well, thank you." he said. His comment made you laugh.

Apparently, your laugh made Aidan notice that you were there.

"Hey y/n." Aidan said.

"Hello Janson." you said.

He laughed and introduced you to the three people he was talking with. Jacob also joined in the conversation. You all shook hands and said which character they'll be playing. Giancarlo plays Jorge, Barry plays Vince, and Lili plays Mary.

The door opened and three more girls walked in. They introduced themselves as Rosa, Katherine, and Nathalie. Shortly after they came in, Wes came in and said to follow him.