Waiting in Anticipation

When you left the room, you stopped in your tracks and jumped for joy. You couldn't believe that you just did that. They liked you, your monologue, and you followed every audition tip that you have learned. Now, all you have to do is just wait, which is the hardest part of acting.

You saw Katie sitting at a table. You decided to go over to her and ask about her callback. She said it went well and she's waiting to hear back from Jim. She asked you about your other audition and you told her all about it.

Soon enough, her Mom arrived to pick her up and you were waiting for your Uber car to arrive.

You got bored of playing Candy Crush and looking at social media, so you put your headphones in and listened to music. You were softly singing the lyrics to your favorite song, 'Beloved' by Jordan Feliz.

You heard a car horn, it was your ride. You got into the backseat and the driver drove you back to your hotel. You texted and called your friends and family to tell them all about the audition. They all said that they were proud of you and to let them know if you receive any news about either movie.

You knew had to take your mind off of the movies. So, you put on a bathing suit and went down to the pool. You went to the concession stand and got something for lunch. You listened to music, while you ate. You waited about forty minutes before getting in the pool. You opened up your Snapchat and took a picture of you by the pool.

You wrote, "This is how you get your mind off of waiting for audition results. Being by the pool." as the caption and put it on your story.

It was around 3:00pm and you went back to your hotel room. You took a shower, and put on your school theatre shirt and jean shorts. You still could not stop thinking about the movies. You had to do something else to get your mind off of it.

You took your creative writing notebook out of your backpack, and opened up your Story Characters board on your Pinterest app. You found a picture of four boys who washed up on a beach and wrote a one page story based off of the picture. It took you an hour to write the story. You REALLY get into it whenever you write stories. After that, you decided to go down to the hotel buffet, instead of ordering room service again.

You got chicken tenders, french fries, and a bottle of water. You found an empty table and sat down. You started to eat, but you felt lonely because you're sitting by yourself. You FaceTimed Kendra and Gwen, and they got rid of your loneliness.

You plumped down on your bed with a full stomach. You put your theatre DVD in your DVD player and watched the clips of the shows that your school did for the season. After that, your eyes felt heavy. You put your DVD player away, put on your pajamas, and got under the covers.

You fell asleep. All you could think about was how sometime tomorrow, you'll possibly get emails that could either make or break your dream of being an actress.