The Scorch Trials Audition

You walked to room A5 and looked through the window. There was a boy that was already auditioning.

You sat down on a chair that was by the door. You took out your Maze Runner book and stared at it. Nerves started to kick in. This is the most important audition of your life.

'You can do this. Vanessa, Darren, your theatre friends, and family believe in you. Just breathe, have confidence, and go for it.' you thought.

You can do this!

Just then, the door opens and the boy walks out. You took a deep breath and walked into the room.

There was a panel of four people sitting at a table. They each had name tags in front of them and their position in the movie.

You recognized Wes and James instantly. The other two people's names were Wyck and Denise. Wyck is the producer and Denise is the casting director. Beside James, there was a person with a camera.

You realized something else. Behind the panel, there was a mirror. You assumed it was to focus on you and see your facial expressions and gestures. But, it's actually a two way mirror, where Dylan, Thomas, Ki Hong, Kaya, Dexter, and Will are watching the auditions on the other side.

You put your 31 bag down by the door. You walked to the center of the room. You had a bright smile on your face and made eye contact with everyone at the table.

"Hello." Wes said.

"Hi. How are you?" you said.

"We're good. How are you?" Wes said.

"I'm a little nervous, but I'm excited." you admitted.

"Awe. Don't be nervous." Denise said.

"What's your name?" Wes asked.

"My name is y/n l/n." you said.

"And y/n, how old are you?" Wes asked.

"I'm 17 years old." you said.

When you said your age, their eyes widened.

"What motivated you to audition for the Scorch Trials?" James asked.

"The Maze Runner is my favorite book series. And last week, I attended a theatre camp and the directors scheduled this audition for me." you explained.

"I have a good feeling about you. We got rid of the nerves now, we got to know each other." Wes said.

"Yes." you said.

"What will you be doing for us today?" Denise asked.

"I will be performing a monologue that I wrote entitled, In Search Of." you said.

"We wish you good luck." Wes said, giving you a thumbs up.

"Thank you." you said, then closed your eyes for a second and took another deep breath.

"This is it. I hope they like me. Please like me." you said in your head.