Part Two

We arrived at the club, and, of course, she had VIP tickets to get us inside.  The music was blaring as we made our way up to the VIP bar. 

"Two rum and cokes." She yelled over the music to the bartender.  He gave me a wink, then went to make our drinks, and we both giggled. 

"I told you, you're smoking hot tonight!" She yelled over the music. 

I just shook my head and went to pay the bartender, but she stopped me.  "Tonight's on me, unless we find some hotties to pay our tab!" She pulled cash from her purse.

"Keep the drinks coming, and I'll spot you a hundred later!" She told the bartender. 

She turned to me.  "Come on!" She took my hand and led me to our table, and we sat down to scope the place out. 

"Three o'clock!" She pointed to a pretty decent looking guy, but then a woman walked up and put her arm around him.

Damn!

What am I saying? Tonight isn't about men for me. 

"Shit!" She said.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"Tell me!" I said.

"Forget about it, let's go dance." We took our drinks down to the dancefloor and started moving to the music.  A few guys sent shots over, then they danced with us before more came along. After awhile, the room started getting hot, and I needed to cool down.  I've taken too many shots, so I told her I was going to the bathroom.

"Come right back!" She said as she kept dancing, and I worked my way through all the people until I finally made it to a long hall.  There was a line, so I decided to walk out to where people were smoking outside to get some air.

"Would you like a cigarette?" A man offered me. 

"Sure." I took it, and he lit or for me.  So much for fresh air I guess. 

I jumped when I felt a presence behind me, then heard a whisper in my ear.

"What have I told you about smoking?"

I shivered before I turned and saw who was standing behind me.  Now I know why Lisa cursed earlier. 

"You know I only smoke when I drink, Gray."

He smiled down at me.  "I swear, every time I see you, you're even more beautiful than the last time I saw you."

"Well, you won't have to see me again, I'm moving home."

He lost his smile.  "When?"

"Next week." I answered. 

"Come with me." He wrapped his hand around my wrist and pulled me out to his car, but I stopped him so I could put my cigarette out.

"Get in, we need to talk, Cora." He opened his back door for me.

"In the back seat?" I asked suspiciously.

"Get in." He said, and I rolled my eyes before sliding in and scooting over to allow him in.  He sat down and shut his car door.

"Why are you leaving?" He turned toward me.

"Because I got a job back home." I said.

"Cora, I have done everything I could do get you back.  Now you're leaving, and you weren't even going to tell me?" He asked.

"Well yeah, just because I forgave you and we've maintained a small amount of friendship, doesn't mean I owe you my life updates." I said.

"Jesus, Cora, we should have been married with kids by now. I know I fucked up, but I miss you."