Part Three

"I have to go find Lisa.  Is Brian here with you?" I asked.

He nodded.  "Yeah, but I doubt he is missing me.  Last I saw of him, he was getting pretty heated with some brunette." We both got out of the car, and he shut the door behind him.  He led me back to the club, but stopped me before we went inside. 

"Come home with me tonight, Cora." He wrapped his arms around me. 

"You know I can't do that, Gray."

He took a deep breath.  "Why do you keep sleeping with me, but at the same time say you're done with me?  I'm serious about looking for a job back home." He said.

"Don't do that, I told you I can't go back down that road." I said.  The answer is that I use him for sex, just as he does in return.

"Well, I guess I need to try a little harder after I move." He said.

The man calls me every single week, sends flowers, and has never given up after six years.

"You have to stop."

"Do you realize I haven't had sex with anyone since I met you?" He asked.  Yeah, he just lied to me.

"That's what you say, but you're forgetting that nurse," I said.

He let out another deep breath.  "I was drunk, and she did it to me.  Maybe it would be different if I wouldn't have stopped her and didn't come straight home and tell you."

"You wanted it though and admitted you had a strong attraction to her, how am I supposed to trust you?  When you love someone, you don't have those feelings toward someone else." I said.

"When you love someone, you stay faithful even after they're gone." He said, again he is lying.  He's a good guy, but at the same time he's an asshole.

He had a good point, and that means I must not love him because I've not been faithful.

"I have to go find Lisa," I said.

"Fine, but come home with me tonight."

"I can't, I will let you know when I'm settled back home," I said, just before I turned and walked away from him.  I searched out Lisa and finally found her near the bathroom.

"Jesus Christ, Cora.  I've looked everywhere for you!"

I pulled her into the bathroom.  "I just fucked up." I went into a stall to clean myself up.  Never have I ever had sex without a condom. I never even let Gray inside me when he was bare, so this is the first time any man has came inside me. 

"Let me guess, Gray?" She spoke from the other side of the door.

"Of course," I said.

"Why do you keep doing that to him?" She asked.

To him?

"I told him I'm leaving and made it clear I wasn't coming back to him," I said before I flushed the toilet and walked out to wash my hands.

"Oh, so the best way to drive that home is to fuck him?" She asked.

"I can't help it, he makes me weak."

"I can't say I blame you, he is fifty shades of hotness, and to top it off he is a pediatrician." She said.

"We fucked up and forget the condom," I said as I dried my hands. 

"Well sure you did. There's no better way to tell a man you don't love him, than carrying his baby." She crossed her arms and glared at me.

"What are you trying to say?"

"Men and women alike experience attraction, even when they are in love." She said.

"Okay, but they took it too far," I said.

She shook her head.  "Maybe it's you that never truly loved him.  The man doesn't even date other women Cora, and it's been years."

She falls for that shit?

"Maybe you're right and I never loved him enough."

She smiled.  "You can't keep leading him on by having sex with him every couple of months.  Either go back to him or let him go."

"Well, I guess now that I'm leaving, that won't be a problem. I need a drink, so let's go enjoy the rest of the night."

By the end of the night, we were plastered and barely made it to the limo to take us home.  I laid back next to her when we got home and reached for her hand.  "I'm going to miss you.  You're the best friend I will ever have, Lisa."

She smirked.  "I know, I'm irreplaceable."

I laughed.  "You're right, you've been my family this entire time. I hate saying goodbye." I wiped a tear from my cheek.

"I'll be right here when you need me." She said. 

"Same, I'll only be one phone call away."

I made my way to my room, stripped out of my dress, and didn't even bother with my makeup.  I fell asleep almost as quick as I laid my head down on my pillow.