Part Ninety

Cora

"That's enough of this game," Blaine said.

"Ah, so he does have secrets." I teased.

"Well, I wasn't chasing nuns around if that's what you are thinking." He teased me again.

"Blaine was a rock star in high school and college," Sully said.

"A rock star?" I questioned and Blaine groaned.

"Yeah, all the girls chased him, but Mr. Personality wasn't into it. That doesn't mean he didn't have his moments." Sully said.

"Oh shit, remember that blond from Australia? Damn, that girl was hot. What was her name, Blaine?" Louie asked.

He shrugged. "I don't know, that was years ago. Isn't there something more interesting to talk about?"

"No, you got dirt, so I get dirt!" I said.

"Oh my God, that drunk biology teacher back in high school! That was the funniest thing ever." Sully said.

Blaine gave Sully a warning look, but that didn't stop him.

"Spill it!" I leaned forward to listen.

Blaine is rubbing my back as I sat on his lap waiting for the best story ever or something.

"Was it senior year?" Sully asked, and his friends nodded.

"Good lord, we get it. My brother fucked his teacher." Isabella spoke up.

"Shut up ice queen, we have a story." Sully shut her down.

"Anyway, we went to a party and Mrs. Anderson bought us beer. When she went to drop it off, she decided to stay awhile and drank way too much. Well, Blaine being the responsible one, stayed sober and thought she needed a ride home. He didn't even make it out of the driveway when I saw the car stop. Ten minutes later, Blaine hops out puking his brains out." He paused to laugh. "She decided to give him a B.J. and puked all over him right at that happy ending." He laughed.

I heard Blaine gag a little behind me.

"That's not funny, that's gross!" I said.

"No, the funny part is that her husband showed up five minutes earlier and he witnessed the whole damn thing!" He paused to laugh. "He chased Blaine down, but it wasn't hard with Blaine's pants around his ankles. Well, he didn't know who he was dealing with, because Blaine laid him out, then ended up driving them both home. The rest of the school year, everyone called her barf and gag." He laughed.

"I was hoping for something a little less disgusting," I said, and looked back at Blaine and his face was ghost white.

"That still makes me sick." He shook his head, and I started laughing.

"She got fired the next year for blowing a senior at a football game. She had quite the thirst for quarterbacks." He said.

I looked at Sully. "That's it? That's all I get, a disgusting story about barf and gag?"

He laughed. "Your future husband wasn't really as exciting as you might think."

Why doesn't that surprise me?

"No, he was just smart enough to stay sober so he got to drive all the cute girls home. He's not as innocent as you all think." Isabella said.

I looked at Blaine and he gave me a guilty look.

"Oh, so you were just slick about it?" I asked, and he shrugged. I ducked when Sully threw a pillow at him.

"You dog!" Everyone laughed.

"Cassidy and Kelly are the ones that could tell you some stories about Blaine. They were the closest, and I know there would have been some stories there for sure." Isabella said, and everybody got quiet. "My sister was a top-notch slut." She said, and I felt Blaine tense up from under me.

I leaned down. "She's drunk, Blaine," I whispered as he gave her a stone-cold glare.

"What, should we talk about your slut of a wife, Ciara? Why don't we go there, Blaine? Let's talk about that kid." She stumbled into a seat.

"What kid?" He asked, and people started getting up and walking away.

"The one that ruined my fucking life." She spilled her drink on her a little.

"Blaine, just leave it for now and talk when she's sober," I said, but he leaned forward.

"What kid?" He snarled.

"Oh, don't worry Cora, it wasn't his just like the one you're carrying." She said, and Blaine almost shot up out of his seat, but remembered I am on his lap.

"How would you know anything about Cora or Ciara?" He helped me off his lap and stood.

"Please, not now, Blaine," I begged.

"No, I think we need to hear this while she's actually speaking to us." He said.

"Maybe you do, but I don't," I said, but he grabbed my hand.

"Don't you move." He looks like that jerk I met a while ago.

"You are the one that cut her off in the sex department because she wouldn't give you a baby. She's the entire reason my engagement to Jeff was called off. She fucked my fiancé, and now she's a dead beat mom. Didn't mother tell you?" She wiped a tear away.

"What the hell are you talking about?" He asked.

"Don't you remember her trips to Atlanta? What about the one that lasted five months right after your divorce? Jeff knocked her up, broke up with me, and is now raising their bastard alone. She won't have anything to do with that child, other than a fucking check every month." She said.

Oh shit!

"How long has Mom known?" He asked.

"Ever since the two of you went chasing after our sister's ghost in Seattle." She said.

"How old is that baby?" He asked.

"Not old enough to be yours if that's what you're worried about. Why do you think she gave you that divorce so easily? Hell, he demanded a paternity test, so settle down. She was going to trick you into raising that baby just like your newest one." She looked over and gave me a dirty look.

"Don't you dare look at Cora that way." He said.

"Look at her stomach, Blaine. She's further along than she's telling you!" She yelled at him, and that's when Sully and his wife came back into the room.

"Let's get you to your hotel." His wife said.

"No! My brother is about to marry another slut! He deserves to know the truth." She stood and stumbled a little bit, but Blaine stepped forward and grabbed her arm.

"Keep your voice down, you have no clue what you are talking about. Cora is ten times the woman you will ever be, so don't you dare speak of her that way." He said it in a snarl.

She looked at me. "You better tell him before he makes another mistake." She warned me.

His grip on her arm was a little tighter. "I am that's child's father in every way it counts. I know everything, and I love her more than you can ever imagine. If you don't put yourself together by tomorrow, don't you dare show up at our wedding." He said, then let go of her arm.

"Get her the hell out of my sight." He said, then turned toward me.