Part Eighty Six

Cora

I danced until my feet were tired, and then Blaine introduced me to his friends. Sully, who will be his best man, was kind, and his wife Tabitha was also friendly. Then I met Brian, Troy, and a scrawny, but funny, man named Lewis. I can tell these were the jock types in college and probably were a part of Blaine's fraternity. One of these days, I hope to get a few stories out of them.

We finally got to leave and get Will to bed. He made me promise the wedding will be more fun and to never make him go to one of those things for at least another year. My night didn't end then, Blaine had me up most of the night making love. It seems to me, the puffier I get, the hornier he gets. Then again, it seems like he is going through some kind of personality change. I won't complain, I love every moment. It's rare to see him without a smile these days. He even smiled all day Sunday when we went to his parents for more wedding planning. I had to swat him away a few times because, for some reason, he thought every time I had to pee was an opportunity to hump me in his parent's bathroom. He cracks me up as his mood becomes lighter and lighter. He doesn't even refer to his parents as mother and father anymore. They're just simply, Mom and Dad.

I chose my bridesmaids dresses online, and the girls went to the shop and had their fittings. Mom and Amelia plan to dress shop for themselves while Mom is in town. The cake has been chosen, along with our flowers, and Blaine worked out a hotel not far from our church for the reception. Amelia had the invitations mailed out last week, and Eli found the band. I don't know why people complain, planning a wedding is easy when you have so many people helping.

Amelia sat us down and went over ideas for our honeymoon. I suggested a beach, but Blaine suggested Aspen since it's getting closer to winter. I loved the idea, so she said she would call her travel agent tomorrow. The other thing is, Isabella will arrive home on Wednesday. For some reason, meeting her makes me a bit nervous. Especially, when she finds out my dog is named after her, at least Amelia thought it was funny.

I've heard whispers about the board meeting tomorrow. I'm not going to let my mind go in that direction. Any kind of ex-wife drama is for Blaine to handle.  I'll gladly stay out of it.

After dinner, we went home, and I double-checked if Will had any homework.  Then Blaine wanted to go over the plans for the house he wants to build.  He put in a bid on some property not far from his parents. 

By the time I got to bed, I was exhausted.  Blaine must have picked up on it, because he simply held me in his arms until I fell asleep.  He was already gone when I woke up, and he must have woken Will up, because he was already up and ready. 

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"Yeah." He grabbed his bookbag and Blaine's car was waiting for us downstairs.  Once I got him dropped off at school, I had to get ready for my mom's visit. 

It was 10:30 before Amelia came and picked me up for the airport.  She was not in a great mood.

"Let me guess, Ciara?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Need to talk about it?" I asked.

"Ciara is Blaine's problem, and I don't want you to stress with so much that already happened during your pregnancy." She said.

"It's okay, I have handled much worse, so spill it." I said.

She let out a breath.  "We got her resignation so there wont be a vote, but she is demanding the portion of our company that is the networks.  Blaine is upset because he doesn't want you to lose the ability to work again someday, so he is refusing. Just because she resigned, doesn't mean its over.  She still owns a great portion of the stock and we have to give her something.  She's kicking him where it hurts the most because she knows he cares about your career." She said.

"Alright, but she doesn't own all the networks.  She can't hurt me as much as she thinks she can, Amelia.  Blaine, Will, the baby, all of you, and my family is all that matters." I said. 

"She had more power than you think, Cora.  I have enough information on that woman to destroy her, but I'm afraid I will hurt my son in the process." She said.

"I'm not sure there is much anyone could do to hurt him, unless they hurt us." I said.  "I have nothing to hide."

"I know you don't, but there are other ways to hurt him.  Things from their past that he doesn't know about, things better left in the past." She said.

"He's happy now, I'm not sure he cares too much about the time they had together.  Just talk to him and see for yourself.  Let him decide what to do with this information." I said as our car pulled up in front of the airport. 

"I'll take care of it." She said.

"Amelia, keep one thing in mind.  She cheated all of you out of time with Cassidy.  Blaine already resents her, I don't think you could make it worse."

"Maybe you're right." She gave me a half smile. 

I finally got to greet my mother and we spent the entire day trying on dresses.  We found a dress, but once again, it needs altered, which makes me nervous.  We are leaving for home in just over a week.  I had Will settled and homework done by the time Blaine reached home.  His mood seemed fine and he never once mentioned Ciara.  I don't believe Amelia needs to worry as much as she is about it.