Part Ninety Four

Cora

My mother insisted on a receiving line, so by the time we were done, my hand felt numb.  I loved looking over as Blaine shook people's hands and seeing that ring on his finger.  That gorgeous, kind, and incredible man is my husband.

After that, we took photos inside the church, then outside. I thought I would go blind from all the flashes.  Our guests already went to the hotel and everyone piled into their limo's, but Blaine and I had ours to ourselves. 

He tried to pull me up on his lap, but my dress made it a bit difficult.  He finally figured it out and looked up at me with a big smile on his face.  "I know we rushed, but it feels like I waited a lifetime to get here." He said.

"You bought another house?" I asked.

"I would buy twenty more if it made you happy." He said.

"That actually wouldn't surprise me.  Thank you for the jewelry too." I said.

He looked at my earrings.  "I knew they would be beautiful on you."

"When did you find time to buy a house?" I asked.

"I have people, Cora.  They make things happen." He said.

"I thought we were in debt," I said.

He shook his head.  "You'll never have to worry about finances.  I have plenty of resources and Dad helped.  I'll have him paid back before our honeymoon is over." He said.

I shook my head in belief.

"What?" He is still smiling.

"To think this all started with Cassidy.  She would be thrilled, she's actually my sister-in-law now.  I really do miss her today." I said.

He held me a little tighter.  "My sisters have been the main cause of most of my stress over the years.  I think you just might be my reward."

I laughed.  "What are you going to do if we have girls?"

He laughed too.  "Pity Will, I guess."

I laughed.

"Poor Will," I said.

"I really hope they take after your side of the family and not mine.  I can already feel myself aging." He said.

"Yeah, one Cassidy was enough," I said.

"You should have seen Will today.  He was nervous about being a groomsman and he really hates that tux." He said.

"I promised him no more events for at least a year," I said.

"Yeah, once we have a nanny settled, we can leave him at home." He said.

"He would appreciate that, I think," I said.

"Enough talk about everyone else.  You took my breath away.  Cora, you have made me the happiest man alive." He said.

"You have no idea how nervous I was, but when I saw you standing at that alter, I became completely calm and knew everything is going to be okay," I said.

"I can't wait to get you to that hotel tonight." He said just before he kissed me.  I felt the car stop and the driver got out, so it's time to get ready for a crazy party.

"Are you ready?" I asked, and he nodded.

We got out of the car, and we're once again greeted by our family.  We were introduced as Mr. and Mrs. Blaine and Cora Lowell.  Everyone cheered, and we went right into our first dance as husband and wife.  We ate dinner, Sully gave a toast, then Jessica. Our night was magical, and I have no regrets about anything. 

Kelly refused to stand with the rest of the girls when I threw the bouquet, so I turned my body just right and tossed it over my shoulder and she caught it.  "What were you thinking?" She laughed. 

"That you haven't met my cousin Patrick." I smiled. 

She shook her head.  "I'm not here for that."

"I'll let you be the judge of that, he is walking in right now." I pointed and her eyes about popped out of her head. 

"Holy shit!" She smiled. 

"He's a fireman and has no plans of getting attached anytime soon," I said, as Blaine walked up.

"How did you know I always wanted a fireman that won't get attached?" She said, and I busted out laughing.

"Who doesn't?" I said, and Blaine furrowed his brows at me.

"Relax, he's my cousin," I said. 

"That's just wrong, Cora." He said, and Kelly and I both laughed.

She hugged me just before my new husband dragged me off to dance. 

"Is there anyone you won't make a friend?" He asked as soon as he pulled me into his arms.

"Yes," I said.

"Who?" He asked. 

"Kimberly Westfield, she stole my fourth-grade boyfriend.  It still pisses me off." I said, and he laughed.

"Before you, the only woman I didn't think was crazy was my mother." He said.

"Well, that's not fair," I said.

"Cassidy, Isabella, and Ciara.  Remember them?" He asked.

"You forgot Mrs. Anderson," I added with a laugh.

He just smiled and shook his head.

"You are so screwed if we have all girls," I said, and he gave me a nervous smile.

"You'll be just fine," I assured him.

"As long as I have you, I believe that is true." He said, just before he leaned down and kissed me. 

I love this man more than life itself.  He gave love back to me just when I thought nobody would ever want me again. 

His lips left mine and he whispered in my ear.  "How about a quick trip to a broom closet or something?" He whispered.

"Are you crazy?  All these people are our guests.  We are about to be alone for a whole week, I think you can wait just a little longer." I said, and he groaned.