Part Seventy Four

Blaine

I just finished a call with my attorney when Cora came in with that sweet face of hers.  I can't wait to make her my wife, she's a little rough around the edges for high society, but that's part of what attracts me to her.  I wouldn't change a thing about that girl. She makes me realize that I'm actually alive and not everything has to be serious in life.  If this were any other woman, I would not consider marriage again, but with Cora, I found everything.  I wouldn't even consider a long term relationship with anyone I didn't know well, but with her, I just want to learn more about her every single day. 

An equal partnership is what I had with my ex-wife.  We were semi-equal in business and in life.  It was very formal and constructed the way a high society marriage is designed.

With Cora, we are not equals, she has me at her mercy.  Equals in life and love, but she makes me weak in just the right places.  There is no making arrangements and compromises just because it's fair, with Cora, things seem to be natural.  I love it when she says no. It's not something I've heard much in my life.  At the same time, I'm not sure I could ever tell her no when it comes to something she needs or wants.  I have a strong desire to give her everything, and I never felt that way before I met this woman.  I never even felt that way about my parents or sisters, Cora has quickly become my everything. 

She's looking through a box for something, and I can't help but stare.  Her long blond hair is like silk, those eyes are unique and shine just perfectly in the light.  I've also never seen a body like hers, it's like God created his masterpiece.  Her skin looks like it has been kissed by the sun and is silky like her hair.  Those legs are long and her breasts are a tad swollen, but I can tell they are naturally perfect.  That smile of hers reminds me there is still good in this world. 

Even if you put all that aside, her personality blows me away.  I live for the moments I get to hear her voice.  I feel relaxed when she's around, like all the stress of my world just fades away.  I love the way she rests her hand on that flat belly, like she's sending a message of love to her baby.  Sometimes I think she's just checking to see if it's still there and trying to remind herself this is real. 

She sighed and looked into another box. I don't dare ask her if she needs help, I just want to watch for another few moments.  When she bent over as I watch, our nights together came to mind.

Sex with Cora is different than with anyone else.  It's thrilling, urgent, passionate, and she makes my body do things I never expected.  The passion takes control, and I'm a different man.  She literally screams my name, and I can see it's a new experience for her too.  Just thinking about it makes me shift in my seat to adjust myself. 

She is broken for the moment, I can see it no matter how hard she tries to hide it.  She looks frustrated, so I guess I should ask if she needs any help.

"Do you need any help?" I asked.

She stood straight and looked at me.  "No, Gray's family asked if I still had his grandmother's sapphire ring, but I left it behind when we broke up.  They can't find it and asked me to check just in case.  I can't get into the house yet, and these were my last remaining boxes here at Mom and Dad's." She said. 

"Why are they asking for that now?" I asked, and she shrugged. 

"I guess they just want to make sure they have everything." She answered.

"We can worry about that later. You look tired, maybe you need a rest," I said.

She shook her head.  "No, I need to stay busy.  Speaking of that, why don't you go with your parents today?  I'll keep Will so we can have some one on one time and get to know each other." She said.

"I really don't want to leave you just yet," I answered.

"Blaine, your mother may need you, and I'll be fine. She just lost her daughter." She said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Positive, take your time, and I'll make sure Will gets dinner.  I'm sure your family will want to have dinner." She said.

I'm not sure. I know my parents want me with them, but I haven't even told her about Savannah yet. I'm not sure I should tell her yet, not after what happened yesterday. 

"I'm afraid it'll just be too much after what happened yesterday." I said.

"Blaine, I'm fine.  I promise, I'm fine." She said.

"Fine, but I'll only stay a few hours and be back for dinner." I said.

She just rolled her eyes at me.  It was cute, but still she rolled her eyes at me.  I stood up and walked over to her and pulled her into my arms.  "I know you're strong, I don't doubt you're fine when you say you are, but yesterday would be tough for anyone, and you're carrying precious cargo. I would like for you to get some rest today." I said.

She smiled up at me.  "I appreciate your concern, and I'll get some rest.  Will is the main priority right now for both of us." She said.

Right there is one of the many reasons I love this woman.

The doorbell rang and I guessed it to be my parents.  I gave her one small kiss before we went to the front door.