Part Five

I'm worried about Lisa, she never really formed many attachments other than with me.  The entire time we have been friends, she never really let someone in close enough.  That goes for men too, she kept her relationships very casual and kept them at arm's length.  I do hope she allows herself to make another friend.  Maybe Lance can step in for me while I'm gone.

My flight landed, and as soon as I got to baggage claim, I spotted my mom and my brother Eli.  I jumped into Eli's arms, and he hugged me back.  "Welcome home, sis!"

"I'm so happy you came." I let go, and Mom swallowed me into her embrace. 

"I am so happy you made this decision.  Welcome home, sweetheart."

"It's so good to be here, Mom."

"You have no idea how happy you made me by coming home." She let go and looked at me.  "Your father refused to pay for parking, so he is sitting with the car in the drop off zone.  We better get out there before he's told to move and he gets into a screaming match."

I laughed a little because my dad can be quite the character.  Eli grabbed my bags, and I got Izzy, then we made it outside before Dad caused a scene.

"Daddy!" He was standing by the car, and I nearly attacked him to get hugs. 

"Welcome home, baby girl." He hugged me and kissed the top of my head. 

"Thanks." I gave him a quick squeeze, while Eli loaded my bags into the car.  I let go of my dad and hopped in the back seat with my brother and Izzy.

"Can we please stop at Skyline to eat?" They all laughed because it's my all-time favorite. 

"Sure, we'll go to the one near home so we can get through the traffic first," Dad said as he merged back into airport traffic.  Many are surprised to hear the Cincinnati International Airport is not actually in Ohio, but across the river in Kentucky.  This means we don't have far to drive to make it to Liberty, and I can finally sit down to the best plate of spaghetti, chili, and pile of cheese in the country.  As Dad drove, I let Izzy out of her crate.

We left my dog in the car with the windows cracked after I walked her and gave her some water.  We found a table, and I don't even have to look at the menu.  Our waitress took our orders, then came back with our drinks and small bowls of oyster crackers to munch on while we wait. 

"Tell us how Lisa is doing?  Is there any chance she will follow you back home?" Mom asked.  She has met Lisa several times when they visited Seattle, and Mom thinks the world of my best friend.

"She's fine, and, no, she has no desire to move back home," I answered.

"That's too bad, she's a sweet girl." Mom said.

"Not to mention hot as hell," Eli said, and I kicked him under the table, but Dad laughed. 

"The boy has good taste." Dad said with a smirk.

"You two are gross," I said, and they all laughed.

"Have you spoken with Gray lately?" Mom asked.

"Yeah, about a week ago.  He said he's going to find a job back home, too." I said.

"He was a great catch, it's too bad the two of you couldn't make it work." She said, and has no clue why we broke up.

"It wasn't meant to be, Mom."

Our food came, and I can feel the smile on my face.  I think I even moaned a little when I took my first bite of heaven. By the time I finished eating, I was so stuffed full, I had to unbutton my jeans in the car on the way home.  I felt miserable, but it was worth it. 

We pulled up to mom and dad's miniature farm, and I was glad to be home.  "Mom, your roses are gorgeous this year." I complimented.

"Thanks, we had a great summer for plants, and the harvest this year is going to be wonderful for the farmers." She said as dad and Eli walked inside with my bags.  I let Izzy out, and she ran for the house behind Dad.

Mom and I walked toward the house with her arm around me, but when we walked inside, I jumped.

"Welcome home!"

I couldn't believe they threw me a welcome home party.  They're sneaky, because I didn't even see one car outside.  The house is filled with family and all my old friends.  Natalie, Jessica, and Darla are the firsts to hug me.  They are my childhood friends, then I saw both sets of grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  I'm exhausted, but so happy to see all my friends and loved ones in one place. 

When everything died down, Natalie, Jessica, and Darla sat on the back porch with me while we drank wine and talked about old times.  Natalie and I were always closest, but all four of us were always great friends, and we have kept in touch over the years.  Natalie is still single, but Jessica and Darla are married with a few kids each. 

"Remember when Cora got caught under the bleachers with Ben Ashberry?" Natalie asked, and we all busted out laughing. 

"I got suspended for that, dammit." I said.

"His mom thought you were the devil himself and pulled him out to homeschool him.  He's a priest now!" Natalie said, and we all laughed.

"There's no way!" I couldn't believe it.

"It's true!" Darla laughed.

"That's too bad, he had some great moves." I laughed.

"Moves?  He just kissed you, right?" Jessica was clueless.

"Right, but it was where he was kissing her!" Natalie was laughing so hard she was doubled over.

"Father Ashberry ate you out?" Jessica made a hilarious face, and we laughed even harder. 

"I'm going to hell!" I laughed.  "He was the best, and no, we didn't go all the way."

"Oh my God!" Jessica started laughing. "He baptized my son!"

We were laughing too hard to breathe when Eli walked out with us. 

"What's so funny?"

Natalie tried to talk through her laughter.  "Your sister let Father Ashberry..." She is laughing, and I'm laughing too hard to stop her big mouth.  "Eat her out!"

"What the fuck? Jesus Christ, that's the last thing I want to hear!" He gagged, and we all laughed even harder. 

"I have to pee!" Natalie got up and tried to walk toward the bathroom.

"I'm getting the hell out of here," Eli said, but I stopped him.

"You're going home?" I asked.

"Well yeah, why wouldn't I go home?" He asked.

"I don't know, it's late.  Stay while we finish our wine."

He gave me a funny look.  "Hell no, I already heard enough in the last two minutes since I walked out here.  I'll be back tomorrow." He said.

"Will you take me to Frisch's to eat, then go car shopping?" I batted my eyes at him. 

"Fine, but we better leave early, so go to bed, the five of you are bad news."

Eli and I have always been very close.  My mom got pregnant with me right away after they had Eli, so he was only one year older than me in high school.  He has been on and off with Natalie for years, so he can't complain when he hears about my sexual endeavors.  I hear enough from Natalie to last a lifetime.  They're off right now, but soon they will makeup, and we won't hear from them for days. As gross as it is, Natalie says the makeup sex is out of this world, so they lock themselves away for a few days.  It's fucking disgusting!