Part Eighty Five

Blaine

I showed Cora to the bathroom, then went into the men's room to wash up.  I really need to gain some control when I'm around Cora.  I can't get enough of her, and I have to learn how to survive without touching her constantly.  My parents would have a fit if they knew of this behavior. 

It wasn't just the way she looks in that dress, but its the way she is with my parents, Will, and also the way she treated Kelly tonight.  She hasn't even met Sully yet because she was busy with Kelly.  I spoke to him before dinner and he caught a glimpse of her, I saw it on his face, she caught his eye right away.  She's gorgeous, and even has my father under her spell. 

Sully's words when he saw her will never leave my memory.  Three words and I laughed, but I don't know how I feel about men looking at her in that way.  He said.  "Holy fucking shit."

Even his wife looked offended.  Cora's body has become even more amazing over the past weeks.  Her curves are perfect, her lips are sweet, and that smile makes my world brighter every single day.  I truly hope Sully and the rest of the guys watch what they say around Cora.  Not that I think she would care, but I love her, and she is so much more than just a beautiful woman. 

I walked out and she was still in the bathroom.  I waited patiently, but I know we need to hurry downstairs so nobody suspects.  A smile crept up on my face.  I just made love to the woman who will soon be my wife, screw it if people know.  I'm proud of her, and I'm tired of being what others want me to be. With Cora, I'm me, and its time to be myself with everyone.

The door opened and the most beautiful woman in the world stepped out.  She smiled up at me.  "I better get back down there, there are a few Lowell men waiting for a dance."

I pulled her into me.  "You have another one that's tempted to take you right back into that room." I kissed her neck.

"I think you can wait until we go home, it's not like its a long trip to get there." She giggled. 

"It can't get here fast enough," I said as I kept kissing her neck.

"What has gotten into you?" She's laughing because now my lips are tickling her. 

"This is what happens when you make a man happy," I said just as I cupped her face in my hands, she actually blushed.

"You're blushing," I said.

"You're too much." She smiled, and I pecked her lips.

"Just wait until our honeymoon." I gave her a wink before walking her back down to the ballroom.  My dad swept her away quickly, and my mom gave me that look.  The one that says I'm in deep shit, but she's usually giving it to one of my sisters. 

"I'm a grown man," I said, and she just stood there with her arms crossed. 

"She is my friend's daughter." She said.

"Yeah, and she is my friend.  It's our business mother, nobody elses." I said.

"What about Cora?  That poor girl stood there and had to hear it from your ex-wife." She said.

"She already knows, Mom.  I told her about Kelly and she still made friends with her. I am not the only one with a past.  Do I need to remind you she was pregnant when we met?" I asked.

"That's different, your sister set her up for that, and it was with someone she had in her life for several years.  Kelly isn't the type of woman you should be sharing a bed with, not to mention you have known her your entire life." She said.

"Kelly is a good person, Mom. Just because she doesn't live the kind of life you lived, doesn't make her a lesser person." I'm getting pissed.

"She's like your sister!" She snapped at me under her breath.

"Cassidy was a normal person, Mom.  Cora is a lot like her too. She's kind, forgiving, and willing to give anyone a chance although she has been through hell.  Kelly deserves that same respect." I said.

"Kelly is not to be my daughter-in-law, and I will take care of Ciara.  She made an enemy of the wrong woman. If you don't have her resignation by nine Monday morning, I will be at that board meeting." She said as she smiled at the people walking by us.

"Monday is a dress shopping day." I reminded her.  "The wedding is your top priority."

"I'll make it work. I will expose Ciara for everything she is if she doesn't back out of your life.  She already helped ruin one of my children, I will not have her ruin things with Cora." She said.

We both watched Cora dance with father.  She laughed at something he said and they both looked happy.

"Look at him, Blaine.  Have you seen him this happy since Cassidy left?" She looked up at me.

I shook my head.  "No, I can't remember the last time I saw him that happy."

"That's not just having closure and finding Will.  It's the effect the woman that loves his son has on him.  She reminds him of me when we met." She said.

"She has that effect of everyone," I said.

She turned toward me.  "I won't have Kelly or Ciara ruining this for all of us.  That's a warning, you better vote her out at the meeting if she doesn't resign."

I nodded.  "I will, but why do you think she will resign?"

She patted my face.  "I know more about that woman than you care to know.  That doesn't sit well with her, take my word for it." She walked away and left me wondering what the hell my mother just said to me.