Sneak Peek

💞 Newest addition coming winter 2020

April of 1994 is a time many remember as the darkest days of the grunge music scene.  Clancy Everest is in her junior year of college and was enjoying life until she heard the news. 

Kurt Cobain is dead, the guy she swore to steal away from Courtney Love, is gone.  Well, she always meant it as a joke, but it hits heaviest now.  As soon as the semester was to end, she was supposed to spend her summer chasing the best grunge bands that ever lived.  From Eddie Vetter, to Kurt Cobain, she had tickets to the best concerts, a bus, and a group of fellow fans ready to party the summer away.  She even had tickets to see the Grateful Dead, but now, her heart just isn't into it. 

The events surrounding the lead singer of Nirvana's death may just ruin her summer, but what happens when a friend of Kurt Cobain himself spots her in the crowd?  That one summer changed her life forever because she learned about true love, loss, mental health, and the damage drugs can cause. 

She's forced to return to Boston and finish up her Ivy League education.  That's right, Clancy is an heiress with a life of responsibility ahead.  The impact of a lost love follows her into adulthood and shapes the woman she will become.

🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

Nostalgia
Part One

(About a girl sang by Kurt Cobain)

"Miss Everest, I put the Ehler file on your desk." My assistant Marlene said.

"Thank you, Marlene.  Are you on your way out?" I asked.

"Yes, is there anything you need before I leave?" She asked as I stood staring out my office window. 

"No, have a nice evening," I said as I looked out over the city. 

"Thanks, I'll see you in the morning." She said before she walked away and I'm once again alone. 

Today is April 8th, 2004.  An anniversary that stands out to me from my youth.  It also marks the last few weeks of my junior year of college. 

Kurt Cobain died ten years ago today.  A man with not only many talents, but also many problems.  We are alike in some ways, he loved music and sharing it with the world, but he wasn't happy with his life or the fame that came with it.  I love business, but I am also not happy with my life or the attention my position as CEO gives me.  Money meant nothing to me, but it meant something to my father.  One thing that was just as important to him, is my reputation, which he felt I nearly destroyed a decade ago.  I made a decision that not only ripped my heart out, but led me to this lonely place in my life. 

Everest Resorts is all I really have in my life.  My father left it to me when he passed away several years ago.  I was everything he ever wanted me to be during high school and most of college.  That was until I discovered the grunge music scene of Seattle.  Kurt Cobain stole my heart with his music.  I was forced to live a life he would have hated, I was an honor student, some say a prodigy, and I took life seriously until that one summer. 

Many of my friends from home traveled Europe, met their future husbands, and most of all made their parents proud.  That wasn't me, well at least for one summer.  Alternative music was my thing, and I found a group of friends that shared my new interests.  My father allowed me one summer under one condition, I was to stay out of trouble and the limelight.  I failed miserably.

We rented a bus, and as soon as the semester ended, we headed west. We smoked pot, drank, listened to all the music that was pouring out of Seattle at the time, except the band Hole, we hated Courtney Love.  She had no talent and rode the curtails of her husband to find fame.  She was married to the very man that sparked my interest in grunge music.  The more we learned about this woman, the more we hated her and held her responsible for his death. 

On April 5, 1994, Kurt Cobain took his own life, but wasn't found until days later.  He was 27, younger than I am now, and had a daughter that was born in 1992.  He had everything to live for, but he had an addiction.  Addiction is a demon that nearly ended my life a decade ago, and I will never go to that place again.

I sat down at my desk, and for some reason or another, I felt like writing.  I have never talked much about that summer, but for some reason, I feel the need to relive it, so I started writing it all down.  So here it is, my story.  A story about a girl that hurts no less today than she did in 1994.