Part One Hundred and One

Cora

Kyle is now six months old and we're in Kentucky.  Blaine and Will had to stay behind in New York because of work and school, but I came to go dress shopping with Jessica, Mom, and Jessica's mom, Irene.  Millicent stayed behind to take care of Will, so its just me and Kyle. 

Mom is playing with him while I try on dresses.  Jessica's bridesmaids are the same as mine, but she does have a sister.  I'm the maid of honor, so I will be busy over the next three months. 

"Your figure returned beautifully, Cora," Irene said.

"Thanks, Blaine and I started a good exercise routine.  He is pretty good at the physical stuff, so he showed me how to do it." I said, and Jessica snorted behind me.  I just ignored her and tried on another dress.

"Your son seems to be a healthy eater." She said, and it's true.  Kyle has been a very easy baby to satisfy.

"Yeah, we got lucky there, I guess.  He's also good sleeper and Blaine can't seem to put him down." I said.

"Blaine is a natural father.  He's patient and has proven to be quite hands-on." My mom said.

They went on talking, but I have somewhere to be, so I rushed through trying on dresses. I was relieved when Jessica finally chose one for all of us.  It's a pink pencil dress with a sweetheart neckline and a small black crystal belt at the waist.  I quickly paid my bill and told the crew I would meet them at the salon in a few hours.  Mom kept Kyle with her and I made it just in time for my appointment.

I sat in the room and waited until the doctor that delivered Kyle entered.

"I guess congratulations are in order." She said when she walked inside. 

"I am?  I'm really pregnant?" I asked.

"Yes, let me just figure your due date." She said.

I am busting at the seams and can't wait to get home to tell Blaine.  I insisted we try right away and it did take a few months.  Blaine put no pressure on me, I was putting it on myself.  I really want this baby with him, and I'm so excited. 

I left my appointment and went straight to the salon where we all got manicures.  It's so hard to keep this news to myself.  The only one that knows is Mom, and when I arrived, she gave me that curious look and I nodded.  She's now smiling ear to ear.  Kyle is sleeping in his car seat, but I can't wait to pick him up and hold him.

When we finished, we all went to dinner.  That's when a very awkward moment happened.

"Cora?" I looked behind me, and there stood Gray's mother.  She looked like hell, much older than the last time I saw her.

"Helen, it's so good to see you," I said while I held Kyle.  Her eyes welled up and I looked at the girls. 

"Excuse me, I'll be right back," I said, then stood with my baby in my arms.

"Let's go somewhere and talk," I said, and we went outside. 

She broke down and cried.  "He looks so much like my son."

I nodded.  "He does, would you like to hold him?" I asked.

"Yes, please." She gently took him from my arms and he didn't fight.  A smile formed on her face as she looked at him.

"I am so sorry, Cora.  We thought maybe it would be just too hard, but its really not." She said.

"It's okay, we have a good life in New York.  It's completely up to you and Bob if you want to see him." I said.

We made arrangements for Gray's dad to meet Kyle tomorrow.  She kissed his little cheek and wiped a tear away before she handed him back to me.  We said our goodbyes, then went back inside.  When I told Mom and Jessica later that night, they insisted Mom go with me.  His parents are no threat to me, but mom is afraid the entire ordeal will be too difficult for me to handle alone. 

When I finally got home, I called Blaine.  Just hearing his voice and knowing I'm carrying his baby made me excited, but I want to see his facial expression when I tell him.  I tried to hide my excitement and just told him about Helen and Bob.  He said its a good thing and assured me he is fine with it. 

I hate being away from him and Will as we plan Jessica and Eli's wedding, it will happen more and more often.  Kyle cried, so I had to hang up with Blaine, but its probably good so I don't spill the beans.  Our flight home is tomorrow afternoon, and Mom is joining me so that she and Amelia can go on another one of their girl trips. 

It's funny how well Mom and Amelia hit it off, and the same happened with our dads.  Isabella is very career-focused and it's really unfortunate.

One other thing happened at my wedding other than it just the biggest day of our lives.  Kelly is now serious with my firefighter cousin, so she will be hitching a ride home with me on the jet tomorrow.  This entire year has been amazing.  It's not just our lives that have improved, it's everyone around us.  Now, I get to bring Blaine's baby into this world, and I am thrilled beyond belief.