Part Eighty Three

Cora

I looked over and saw Blaine looking at me, so I blew him a kiss, then he blushed.  "Oh my, that was adorable." I guess Kelly saw. 

"He is quite the catch." A woman named Catherine said.

They all looked at Kelly.  "She knows about us, girls.  She's over it, just like we are." She said.

"Oh, thank God, that was so awkward." Another woman said.

"Why weren't you and Blaine more serious?" I asked, and saw everyone wanted to know.

"We're friends and have been for years.  We would never work, I don't want children and he doesn't want a globetrotting wife. Blaine is amazing, but he deserves better, someone like you, Cora." She said, and took a drink.  I think I hear a tad bit of sadness in her voice.

"Someday, a man will come along and change your mind," Catherine said.

"No, I really don't plan to marry, and certainly don't want kids.  I'm too restless for that kind of life.  Traveling Europe and Asia has been a blast, and I meet men from all around the world.  I'm happy with my life." She said.

"I think it's amazing the two of you can strike up a friendship so easily," Catherine said.

"I think I'll be a fixture in their lives for quite some time, and I don't mean that in a scary way." She laughed. 

"Please excuse me, I need to use the restroom," I said.

"I'll show you, then we should get back to Blaine before he thinks that's a real glass of champagne," Kelly said.

"It was nice meeting all of you," I said just before we walked away.

"Remember those women's faces, they're a few of the only good ones.  They were also friends with Cassidy, and I think she broke them in well for you." She said as we walked into the lady's room.

She waited for me while I took care of business, then I stepped out to wash my hands.  "What's it like, carrying a baby I mean?"

"Well, at first I was sick, but now I just feel bloated and fat.  I also pee a lot." I said.

The door opened, and in walked the woman with black hair I saw earlier. 

"Hello, I'm Ciara Lowell, and I believe I am looking at, not one, but two of the women my husband has been fucking." She smirked at me mostly.

"Good lord, Ciara.  You threw your marriage away, get over it." Kelly said.

"My husband is far too conservative to be entertaining two women at once, how exactly is this working?" She asked.

What she doesn't know is, Amelia had just stepped inside the restroom.

"I'm not sure my son is your business any longer."

Ciara turned with a look of shock on her face. 

"Cora, your fiancé is looking for you.  We have been seated for dinner, why don't you go on out." She said, and didn't take her eyes off of her former daughter-in-law.

"Amelia, are you sure?" Kelly asked.

"I will see you in a bit, Cora." She didn't acknowledge Kelly.

We both walked out, and Kelly had a look of shame on her face.  "Amelia never knew about you and Blaine?" I asked.

She shook her head.  "No, she is close friends with my mother.  This isn't a prideful moment for me."

"Amelia is great, I'm sure she will never talk about what she heard," I said as we looked for our tables. 

"Blaine is over there." She pointed.  "I'll see you before we leave."

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked one more time.

"I'm fine." She gave me a half a smile.

"Have a nice dinner, and I'll see you in a bit," I said, and she hugged me before I walked toward Blaine.  He stood and kissed my cheek. 

"Is everything okay?  Kelly looked upset." He said.

I shook my head.  "The former Mrs. Lowell made her presence known," I whispered.

"I am so sorry, Cora.  I was hoping she wouldn't do anything tonight." He whispered back.

"Well, your mom walked in as soon as Ciara referred to Kelly and I as the women her husband is fucking," I whispered.

"She said that?" He looked down at me, and I nodded. 

"She's alone with your mother now," I said.

"For Christ's sake, that's not good." He said, but looked down at me.  "It's also not your problem.  I will deal with it."

I nodded.  "Thank you." He pulled out my chair and I had a seat.  He sat next to me with Will was on my other side.

"Are you having fun yet?" I asked the poor boy.

He had his arms crossed.  "Are you kidding?" He asked in a bored tone.

"I feel you, buddy.  There's some other young men I have seen standing around." I said, but he shrugged.

"They're just spoiled guys." He said.

"Yeah, I've ran into someone like that too.  It'll be over soon enough." I assured him.

Blaine and his father stood when Amelia returned.  Blaine reminded Will to also stand just as he did when I returned. 

"Is everything okay?" Blaine asked, and she smiled. 

"You will have Ciara's resignation Monday morning." She said as she smiled, nodding at the people walking by our table.  Damn, I think my mother-in-law just might be a badass.

"Thank you, mother," Blaine said.

"We will talk about this later." She still isn't happy. 

I reached over and squeezed Blaine's hand.  He gave me a half-hearted smile.  Dammit, Blaine isn't used to disappointing his parents.  He tries hard to please everyone, and making friends with Kelly may have caused him a problem.

I leaned over and whispered in his ear.  "I love you."

He smiled and shook his head before looking at me.  "You never fail to amaze me." He whispered before he pecked my lips.  "I love you, too."

I looked at Amelia and she has a small smile on her face.  Yeah, she saw that too.