Part Twenty Five

"So, she finally ran out of words?" He asked as I glared up at him.

"Oh, I have plenty of words for you, but as a woman of loose morals, I'm not sure your fragile mind can handle the words I could say at this moment." I snapped back.

He took a step forward and glared down at me for what felt like a full minute.

"Try me." He finally said.

"Fine!  You're a hypocritical, egotistical, and entitled prick that wouldn't know fun if it smacked you in face. You're a controlling dickhead that probably fucks a new woman every night, but then calls women sluts just because we aren't virgins, and, yes, your sister liked to fuck!" I smirked at that last bit and didn't let him win the stare off.  Finally, the corners of his lips turned up and he started to laugh, then walked toward the doors.

"Why the hell are you laughing?" I caught up to him just as he opened the door for me.

"You're cute when you're angry." He smirked.

"Cute?  That wasn't cute. You're stuffy, bossy and rude." I said, but he put his arm out in front of me to stop me from stepping onto the street and getting hit by a car.

He shook his head.  "I'm not rude, I just like things to go a certain way." He said.

"True definition of spoiled." I crossed my arms and looked up at him.

"I have a responsibility to my family and the people who work in that building, that means behaving in a certain way.   They depend on me for jobs, so, no, it's not being spoiled, it's called responsibility." He said as he looked both ways. He put his hand on the small of my back, then we stepped onto the street.

"So, that means you get to be bossy and rude?  You do understand you're not doing me any favors, I'm here to help you." I said.

We stepped up on the curb and he took his hand away from my back.

"You just happen to be my newest responsibility, which I will remind you, I didn't ask for, but you're here." He said.

"So, part of that is to tell me what to say and how to act?  That's ridiculous, and I won't stand for it." I said as we walked.

"I'm only trying to make our time together tolerable." He said.

"Tolerable for who, you?  What about me?  You're the only one that is allowed to laugh?"

He opened the door for me, and I walked through into some high-class hell. 

"What the hell is this shit?  This isn't a tavern." I put my hands on my hips.

"Shh, it is too.  It's just not one of your bars or clubs, keep it down." He whispered.

"Oh, hell no," I said as I turned and walked outside.  That place looked like a library with stuffy businessmen inside, good lord, it's Sunday.

"What are you doing?" He came out after me. 

"You want me to eat in there?  I don't think so, what is this, 1955?" I asked.

He scratched his head.  "No, actually in 1955 you wouldn't have been welcome in that place."

My jaw dropped.  "You tried to take me into a men's club?"

He shook his head.  "It's open to everyone now." He said.

"For chicken nuggets? A men's club for chicken nuggets?"

"I don't know, I'm sure they have some kind of chicken." He defended.

"I said I want chicken nuggets, not just any chicken." I stood with my hands on my hips, and he started smiling again.

"You accused me of being spoiled. Where would you like to have lunch then?" He asked

I looked up and could feel the smile on my face when I saw those golden arches.  I pointed, "There."

He shook his head.  "No, no way."

I gave him my usual glare.

"You are the biggest pain in the.." He stopped himself.

I smirked.  "Pain in the what?"

He stared at me for just a moment."Fine, let's go get bed bugs and HPV, or something." He started walking, and I laughed.

"Do you even know what HPV is?" I caught up to him.

"No, but I'm sure you do." He said.

"You're an asshole." I snapped.

"I didn't mean it like that, you seem to know certain things." He said as we walked.

I almost had to laugh to myself. This poor guy isn't only dealing with a pregnancy craving, but pregnancy hormones, and he has no clue.

"You're saying I know about STDs?" I asked, and his face fell.

"What?"

It's definitely not a good time to tell him I'm pregnant from unprotected sex with an ex-boyfriend.

"HPV is passed between sex partners, what did you think it was?"

He scrunched his nose.  "I don't know, there are commercials on television about a vaccine for kids. Jesus, how young do kids start these days?"

He stopped and opened the door for me while I laughed.

"It's to protect them in the future." I said.

He doesn't look too happy.

"What's wrong?" I asked, and he leaned down to my ear.  His breath gave me a shiver.

"It smells like sewage in here." He whispered.

He isn't wrong, now my craving is gone.  I know it just smells like fast food, but I feel a bit nauseated.

"Can we go somewhere else?" I asked.

I looked up at him.

"Are you okay?  You don't look so good." He asked.

"Yeah, just get me out of here."

"Thank God." He said, and put his hand on my back and we went outside.

"Where to?" He asked.

"I'm not sure I'm hungry anymore."

He scratched his head.  "I have an idea. let's get my car."

We walked the few blocks to his car and he helped me inside.  "Are you sure you're okay?"

I nodded.  "I'm fine."

Pregnant and hormonal, but I'm fine.  The poor guy probably thinks he's dealing with a crazy chick.