Part Forty Six

He wrapped his towel around his waist, then kissed my cheek before leaving the room.  I heard him refer to me as his girlfriend earlier, and that did put a smile on my face.  I can't believe he teased around about getting married.  He doesn't have to marry me to protect me.  After figuring out he knew all along and his reaction, I no longer feel as ashamed.  I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, so maybe everyone else will react the same way.  Maybe Mom's reaction wasn't as fake as I believed it was at the time.

I dried my hair and added some waves, then put on some light make up.  I chose to go casual with some jeans and a sweater, then went downstairs. 

"There she is. Phillip this is Cora Ashley.  Cora, this is Phillip McAllister." Blaine walked over and pecked my lips.

"It's nice to meet you."

A man almost as tall as Blaine approached and shook my hand.  "I'm very pleased to meet you." He said.

His dark hair and eyes make him a handsome man, but nothing like the man that just made love to me.

"Thank you for allowing us to stay in your home." I said.

"My door is always open to Blaine.  You've found yourself a good one here." He said, and patted Blaine on the back.

Damn, it's uncomfortable knowing he heard us this morning. I looked up at Blaine and noticed the smile on his face.  Did I put that there?  He looks more handsome then ever right now, and it's still hard to believe I just had sex with him.  Actually, it was one of the most profound moments of my life, besides finding out I'm pregnant.  Maybe even more, since I shouldn't have been surprised about the pregnancy.

"Are we on for dinner tonight?" Phillip asked, and I realized I had zoned out.  Blaine looked down at me. 

"Are you okay with dinner?" He asked.

"Sure." I gave them both a smile.

Karen popped her head out and said breakfast was ready.  Blaine led me to the table and pulled the chair out for me. 

"Thank you," I said, and he gave me a nod before sitting down next to me.  I noticed there were no eggs on the table, but sausage, muffins, fruit, and juice.  I'm hungry this morning and not sick in the least.  I caught Blaine glancing at me while I ate, and they spoke about business, which is very boring. 

"I'm sorry, but you look so familiar." Phillip said.

"I don't believe we've met." I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

Blaine cleared his throat.  "Cora is a meteorologist, you must have seen her on television."

"Of course, you were on channel 11 weren't you?" Phillip smiled.

I nodded. "Yes, but I moved to the Cincinnati area where I grew up and took a new job."

"That's a lot of science.  You've got a smart one here, Blaine." He said, and Blaine looked over at me.

"She's everything and more." He smiled.

Dammit, he's got me wrapped around his little finger.  I'm sure I'm blushing.

He leaned over and kissed my cheek.  "Are you ready?" He asked.

I nodded.  "Yes."

We all stood, and they made dinner plans before Blaine helped me with my coat.  "We'll be back in a few hours." He said.

"Good luck." Phillip said, and we said goodbye before walking out to the elevator.

Blaine reached for my hand and held it, as he kept looking over at me with a smile.

"What?" I blushed.

He pulled me into him.  "How do you feel about everything?" He looked down at me.

"Well, I'm still eagerly waiting to hear more about mini Blaine, other than that, I'm happy." I smiled up at him.

"You are amazing, and I'm dying to have you again." He lowered his head and kissed me until the elevator dinged. 

He took my hand, and we walked off to find his car.  It was waiting for us right outside the doors, and his driver opened the door for us.  I slid in first, then Blaine got in next to me.

The door shut, and I looked over at him.  "Spill it." I said.

He smiled.  "How did Cassidy act when you decided to move home.  Did she seem okay with it?"

"She told me not to pass up such a great opportunity.  She said she would miss me, but wanted me to succeed.  Why?" I asked.

"She had plans, Cora.  Your leaving inspired her to take her life back.  She was going to fake her own death, that's why she had everything setup at the funeral home.  She was going to get her son and start over." He said.

I shook my head.  "Blaine, I identified her. Her death wasn't faked, I'm so sorry."

"I know that, Cora.  She was going to be a full time mom to that little boy."

"Where is he?" I asked.

"She hired a couple to foster him not far from here.  She had purchased another identity and had money moved from her off shores accounts.  I have the address, so we need to arrange to take him home." He said.

I sighed. "Blaine, you can't just pop into his life and take him to New York." I said.

"I know that, Cora.  It may take some time for him to warm up to us, but eventually he needs to be with his family." He said.

"I hope that's the case, but prepare yourself, Blaine.  He could be happy where he is, and taking him away could do more harm than good.  I'm not saying that's definitely the case, but you need to be prepared just in case its not." I said.

He pulled me in and hugged me.  "I know you're just trying to be realistic, and I appreciate you preparing me."