Prologue: Qui Moi?

Hi! Wanted to post the next chapter so you can start bonding over the characters! Enjoy!

Rose

Smirking at the man in front of me I didn't move, keeping my position on his bike. I have never done this before, stayed after I have stolen something but here I am playing with a biker who looks like he is about to explode.

Not being able to stop myself I found my mouth opening saying. "Did you come out for me or were you looking for something Mr. Cane Walker? Nice name by the way, sexy, kind of like the name of a whisky brand. 'I'll have a Cane Walker on the rocks, no, actually I'll have the Cane Walker neat don't want anything diluting it.'"

Chuckling I took out his wallet from behind me as his eyes darkened, my words having only provoked him more. I couldn't stop my eyes from wandering up and down the biker, my smirk only getting wider as he didn't say anything.

Will he say something? Sitting on a biker's bike is a huge no no, add pick pocketing and he should have a lot of choice words coming out.

I really should have made a fast get away after robbing someone like him tonight, particularly when he is wearing a MC cut but there was something about him that drew me right to him. I play in a dangerous game of thieving. I have nothing to lose. Only things to gain and for some reason this feels like a street to go down.

When my brother left for the war I went into a downward spiral joining a street gang and then ran from them after getting the shit beaten out of me from trying to escape the prison they made for me. Did I choose that time to go on the straight and narrow? No, I kept stealing, it's the only thing I can do and when I was given my brother's flag, I knew that no one could save me from my sins.

"You pocketed the wrong man girl." He finally said to me squinting his eyes as he looked me up and down not moving a step towards me.

"Did I?" I asked with a soft chuckle, "Maybe I wanted to see what you were like. You are different than the other men you were with. Serious but there's something else."

He growled taking a step closer to me as I shuffled on the bike letting myself sit nice and comfortably on it. "How would you know what I am like?"

I shrugged innocently. "You wear yourself like your patch, for all to see. And I liked what I saw. Your tough, constantly vigilant, looking for any threat that could harm your brothers yet you don't value yourself which is why I could pocket you so easily. Duty bound then, you serve for others."

Cane's eyes narrowed as he tried to read me again, but I perfected being a blank slate years ago; there is nothing he can see. "You pick pocked to flirt? How old are you anyway? You look far too young to be pissing off bikers, now get off my bike."

I laughed throwing him his wallet and now taking out the knife I pulled from him his back, the blade beginning to move across my knuckles. "What is age? Do you count the number of years or the experience of your life? Number of years may be low but the things I have lived through make me your age."