43: Merry Pup

Only a few more chapter left. 

Rose

Rose

I sang with my guitar laying down on the swinging bed in the screened in porch. Since the moment I woke up I have been in this exact spot playing my guitar, watching the trees bend in the wind and enjoying the peace of Cane's land that engulfed me.

How does one look back on their life? Look at what they have lived through, seen, done? If you would tell me that I would fall in love and build a future with a man my brother went to war with I'm not sure what I would say. Yet here I am. In Cane's cabin finding peace within myself.

Finishing the song, I sighed while the bed swung in the wind, my eyes closed feeling the peace here, in myself. It felt as if a switch has been flipped, no longer being pulled into the underworld or feeling as if I don't change my location I may be killed any second.

I felt as if I could breathe, live, be me again.

Cane gave me the opportunity to look into myself, make me feel safe to have control in deciding what I want for my future. My heart swelled thinking of the love I have for that man and in the pride I have in myself for finally saying 'no' and choosing who I want to be.

What now?

I don't have to worry about needing a job, my bank account is well filled but I'm not the type who can sit for long. Do I start with what I want? Well I want to do something for people, to do the right thing. My first choice would be to work within the security agency for extractions or advocacy but I doubt I would be trusted for work with the club.

Hearing tires pull up I smiled thinking about Cane returning home. Maybe it's because I miss him or maybe because he is sexy as fuck in the kitchen.

His footsteps came onto the porch letting me release a sigh feeling his presence. Keeping my eyes closed I rolled my head towards his direction, his soft cologne reaching my nose from the breeze. "New rule, you can't leave bed without me."

Cane chuckled sitting on the bed beside my feet, the bed rocking from the movement. My eyes stayed closed with me soaking in the peace he radiates "Deal."

Feeling something moving on the bed and begin to walk over my thighs I jumped up opening my eyes to find out what it was. My hand went to my mouth looking at what was moving and knew in an instant what it represents.

My head snapped to his, to red ball, to him and back to the red ball. "What is this?"

Cane gave me a teasing smile, his hand out petting the red ball. "I think a puppy?"

"I get the honor of you getting me the famous Spotter puppy?" I picked up the small Irish Red Setter, snuggling it close.

He rolled his eyes laying down beside me, my attention completely on the little red, fluffy puppy with brown eyes that looked up to me with warmth.