46: Amends

Spotter

Spotter

I leaned against the doorframe watching Rose pet Will on the swing bed, her eyes closed in peace.

"Thought we had a deal?" Rose mumbled.

Smirking I chuckled. "Sorry Pepper called, didn't want to disturb you."

Her eyes sapped open as her body quickly sat up, the bed swinging from the motion. "He okay?"

Nodding I walk over, sitting down beside her. "Yeah he was having a rough night so we went to a meeting. He is going to go sober now, probably should have cut it out of his life completely but now he is. Clean and sober at the age of twenty-one, fuck."

Rose leaned against me, her presence relaxing me. "He is a smart guy and has you for support, think of that not what demons he already has to chase away."

Before I could lean down to kiss her lips the sound of tires coming down the road made me look down the porch wondering who is coming by. The sound stopped when the car parked, Rose moving to get up off the bed with Will.

Giving her a confused look, she shrugged. "Brothers coming to talk business most likely, I'll go shower."

She bent down giving me a light kiss then headed inside. Standing up with a sigh I head down the porch to see who it is. I can't wait for the day when Rose feels like she belongs in the club and that she doesn't have to be extra careful to make them like her.

Opening the door, I sucked in a breath seeing Birdy in front of me, giving her a small smile while she walked up the steps to me. "Hi Spotter, is Rose around?"

Nodding I let her onto the porch then into the house and called out for my woman. "Rose, Birdy is here."

Birdy looked around my place taking a seat at the island. "Nice cabin, how did I not know your place is this nice?"

Letting out a chuckle I shrugged. "Might have kept it a secret, don't need unwanted roommates coming in."

"Hey Birdy." Rose greeted with Will in her arms walking into the kitchen, nerves evident on her face and bouncing body. "How are you?"

Birdy smiled looking at my woman, my hands working on making some coffee for the Luna who is able to have caffeine again. "Good, I am back at work which feels great and Lydia has her child care at the university which makes seeing her easy."

Rose tilted her head. "I thought you worked at the security agency?"

Passing the cup of coffee to Birdy she smiled. "I work there part time but at the moment I'm working at the university teaching a few classes and working with policy makers."

Coming to stand beside me, Rose leaned against my side with my arm wrapping around her waist. A sincere smile crossed Rose's face looking at Birdy. "Good for you, you must be so happy working in both parts of what you want to do."