1: Stone Cold

Rose

Rose

I stared at the cold stone, watching as drops of water slid down the stone slat, a reminder that it was pouring at the moment and I am soaked to the bone. But the cold of the rain didn't reach me, just seeing and reading this stone always makes me numb.

Cold and empty is all that I am now. My eyes looked over the writing again hoping that it would spark something but all it did was give more pain reminding me of what I lost.

Stephen Wyatt Anderson

Beloved Brother

Honorable Soldier

1993-2016

The Ability To Do Good Is In All Of Us.

He shouldn't be dead. We still had years of being together but he was killed in action while I waited for my brother to return to the chaos of my foster home where he could pick me up. Where he could have helped me learn to control myself, teach me to be the sister he always believed in. When the news came out that he was dead, there was no stopping the gang who controlled me, taking me to live on the streets as a thief. But I escaped when I could, I got out of Nevada joined a new organization that gave me control and perfected my skills.

And that's how I became who I am today.

The Siren.

A grifter used by mafia to play folks of all kinds. To do the dirty work, to right the wrongs, to get information or break into safes. Hell, I'll do whatever I am told if I find it worth doing.

I tried to be honorable, as my brother would say that the ability to do good is in all of us but the darkness in me loves my work too much to lie to him saying that I would do it out of the goodness in my heart. I love watching the guilty fall from their ivory towers and I love being the one to push them out. And I don't care who gets hurt in the process.

Sometimes you need bad people to do good things.

Hearing tires my eyes moved up the slate letting me be able to see in the reflection of the stone as a SUV pull up, stopping just behind me. My hand twirled my bracelet feeling the weapon unclasp, ready to be uncoiled and used against whoever pulled up. I can spot the players in the world, I was trained by the mafia and I was trained well. Whoever this is, is not in my alliance group.

A man stepped out of the driver's seat in a black trench coat, my eyes spotting the gun he has strapped to his side. Looks like money but it's a show, his shoes are to worn down and has oil over the different water stains. I can see it even through this reflection. He began walking over stopping beside me making me grab onto my ready weapon.

This grave is off limits. No business is ever conducted here, not even with the mafia.

"You are the one they call Siren? The best grifter this side of the US?" He asked in southern twang.