5: One Slip

Here is a nice long chapter for you loves <3

Rose

Fuck.

I glance over at Spotter or as I know him as Cane Walker.

Cane fucking Walker. The man whose bike I stole years ago when I got the fuck out of Nevada as I was bolting from my past. I should for sure be weary that he would remember me but instead I find myself more, what's the right word, curious? No, no its not curiosity that has me staring into the eyes of a man who has followed me for years. But I can't describe it.

I know a reader when I see one and I can see the steam building behind Cane's eyes trying to find my secrets. But I was taught better than to let anyone read me, hot biker included.

Honestly, I am surprised that he didn't recognize me, we had a pretty good conversation when we spoke last and by the way people talk about him he should for sure know me. That and he straight up called me out for having the same bike as his that got stolen. and the bike out there that we were talking about is his...

I was wearing a wig that night and the bike is painted over but sorry Cane, you aren't getting that sweet ride back.

Now I need to stop being so curiousabout Cane and be focused on getting Briac to talk. To get him to say what he knows about my brother and his death before the hot biker who is trying to look through me finds anything out.

Tonight, I was able to bartender and get a feel for the club out, perfect for when I can start getting close to Briac. Though Briac was in his office for the most of the night so I wasn't able to start a conversation with him or get an accurate reading. It's not going to be easy.

"What is it that you are looking for Spotter?" I asked walking over to Cane, or Spotter for the moment. God Cane is a sexier name. "I can feel your eyes running over me, not sexually but inquisitively."

"Big word." He gruffed out.

I smirked, "I read."

"I can see that." He said tilting his head again, those clear eyes doing everything they can to make me spill my secrets.

I couldn't help the smile as I leaned on the bar watching him. "Let's play a game." I haven't played this game since I was perfecting my grifting ways and he looked like a worthy opponent. Though I know I need to fight this connection to him, keep my head down but I just can't fight the pull.

Maybe not think of this game as getting to know the man whose eyes captivate me, instead it's me just sizing up a threat. Yeah that should work, testing the reader in the club.

"Game? Not interested." He said moving to the other side of the bar, the room had mostly calmed down just a few brothers hanging around in some booths.

"Oh, come on. You know you want to." He glanced up, leaning over the bar to look at me. "Test your readingskills." God I shouldn't be pressing him but as I said it would give me a chance to see how much a threat he could be.