Epilogue

Spotter

Spotter

One Year Later.

My body leaned against the door frame watching Rose on the swing bed playing her guitar with Will. It was her spot. If she was ever anywhere on the property she would be here, playing, singing and looking out into the peaceful wilderness.

And this is my spot.

Standing in the doorframe watching her play. Despite knowing her for over a year, it is still crazy to think that this is the sister of one of my brothers in special forces. Hollywood, a man I fought with side by side and I ended up with his sister. That and I met her years ago when she stole from me and left me on the ground after tasing me.

The wind blew softly rocking the bed, but she gave a small smile and continued playing. She has let down so many walls with me, showing her sensitive side, her dreams she never thought possible; ones I will do anything to make happen.

She has traded in her black cap and is now a grey; a Robbin Hood. In this past year she has grown in herself, in a new confidence and it shines through her in the way when she works with survivors during extractions.

My eyes went to her ring finger, two black tattoo lines went around the finger with a 'C' between them. On mine I had a thorn vine with a small rose circling around my finger. All we had was a short day at the courthouse and a short time at the tattoo parlor. Nothing fancy, only us, a clerk, and vows to each other that night.

"You know it is creepy to watch people." Rose said stringing her guitar looking over her shoulder to me, those eyes and wisps of hair knocking my breath as she does every time.

I smiled walking over to her slipping onto the bed. Coming behind her I pull her between my legs and kissed her lips. "Sorry couldn't help it, I am helpless when a Siren sings."

Rose threw her head back laughing, placing down the guitar and turned to straddle me. "You are a poor innocent solider caught by my wickedness?"

I chuckled kissing her lips. "Consumed by it. I have to tell you something and I'm not sure how you will respond since I went rogue making a decision that we should have made together."

She melted against me as I kissed her nose making sure she wasn't stressed by that statement. Her eyes looked me up and down. "I'm listening."

Leaning against the headboard of the bed I looked at my woman. "I went to go talk to one of my buddies at Child Services about fostering since you talk about it so much. While I was there talking a kid was brought in, kicked out from another house because he is a trouble maker. He is fourteen and been in far too many homes."

Rose shifted looking at me, her eyes alert. "What happened?"

"I made a call." I said looking at her, a smile crossing her face with her hand cupping my cheek.