36: Scope

Spotter

Spotter

Something slapped my cheek making my eyes open seeing Hamlet bent down next to me "You good?" He asked as I blinked away a fogginess around my eyes. "Nice choice of woman you got."

I sat up, my stomach flipped from getting up too quickly, my hand on my head as it spun trying to wake up and figure out what happened. "What?"

Hamlet chuckled. "Rose drugged you after she gave that speech then gave the slip."

My feet moved to get myself up but I ended right back on my ass while the room kept spinning, the brothers in front of me saying things I couldn't make out.

Smoke bent down gripping my head and looked into my eyes. "He's good just being dramatic. Get up lover boy, we got to roll."

With that the man grabbed my arm and dragged me up, my legs stumbling as the room spun.

"Could have done it a bit slower." I muttered feeling the ground settle, my hand still on my head trying to get my bearings.

Standing I blinked taking deep breaths to make sure I didn't vomit over my boots. Looking around I find Hamlet and Smoke watching me to see if I will throw up or if I am going to freak out from seeing Rose.

"You good? Drugs or fucking woman wise?" Smoke grunted looking around motioning for us to get going.

I glared at him and walked passed him, my shoulder knocking against his as I walked, no doubt in a zig zag, out from the strip joint to the parking lot.

Brothers who have recently arrived sat on their bikes, some chuckling at me while others were looking like they wanted to kill.

"We killing her?" Hunter asked taking a knife out from his boot. My head whipped over to him who looked to me. "I will kill a woman if I have to."

Smoke glanced over at me, his head turning over his shoulder to hide his face from the brothers. "Easy Spotter, don't fall into his taunts."

Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath focusing on getting the effects of that drug out of my system, my feet grounded me and breathing cleared my mind. After a few moments I open my eyes feeling fully like myself again, my balance and head back to normal.

But as I got my body back my thoughts went to what I last remember. The argument I had with Rose over why she is still here.

Because I fell in love with you.

Rose doesn't have the right to tell me that, doesn't have the right to keep so much hidden from me and then dump that emotional truth as if it's simple with us. If I am honest I was falling in love with her; with the connection we had at the cabin, at the bar. It was easy talking to her, being vulnerable with her, our souls opposite yet match each other's but now those memories are tainted with her lies.